F5 Box

kimhthwy1958

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to post if not remove please. Where is the best place to buy the F5 Box please. Thank You

If you can afford to up your budget look at another box i read horror stories from other users with different problems with these every day of the week, If you want a £50 Box then get the F3 it is slightly more stable but you just never know these days

The F3 had problems with the Power Supply & poor solder work, whats the main issues with these??

The F3 had problems with the Power Supply & poor solder work, whats the main issues with these??

The F3 is a work of Genius compared to the F5 which appears its life span is shorter than the gift you get supplied with it

F5 problems I Have come across in various forums:

1.bad soldering little (pressure causes the heatsink to short the box out)
2.bad placement of i.r sensor (some have had to buy a external usb i.r sensor)
3.either the wifi not working or ethernet port (if ethernet port not connected can't reflash in case of bricking)
4.dodgy psu
5.dodgy tuner
6.certain channels don't get scanned if you more then one box on same lnb
7.some problems with powering motor on multisat systems

My advice same as digi247 abandon these cheap chinese boxes spend a little more to get a open linux box.

Are there any known problems with the network ports, I have had a few blow on me.

Back