f****** family

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
an uncle of mine who is plays and enjoys watching cricket, want to watch the England v SA series, obviously cant get it on dodgy sky and he doesnt have virgin media so I went over and sohwed him IPTV and he was impressed, so agreed wants one so ordered box which came today now just rang me to say he doesnt want it anymore ... so pissed off with him now.

Ive had similar with a few family members so now i insist on money up front even though they are family.
it's hard to sell on stuff for the price you payed for it.
is the box any good to keep for yourself?

Ive had similar with a few family members so now i insist on money up front even though they are family.
it's hard to sell on stuff for the price you payed for it.
is the box any good to keep for yourself?

my view exactly, get money upfront now. Its a H2H so only paid 75 pounds, I will keep it incase another family member wants one

I tell everyone (family or not) to get their own & I'll set it up for them. That way if there are any hardware problems, guarantee issues etc., it's between them & the seller, I can gracefully bow out!
It can feel awkward the first couple of times but trust me it's worth it. If I have to, I use the excuse that I might not be in when the item gets delivered & I don't have the time to be chasing around after it.

I tell everyone (family or not) to get their own & I'll set it up for them. That way if there are any hardware problems, guarantee issues etc., it's between them & the seller, I can gracefully bow out!
It can feel awkward the first couple of times but trust me it's worth it. If I have to, I use the excuse that I might not be in when the item gets delivered & I don't have the time to be chasing around after it.

That's my way also, plus in the case of say a fire stick it already has their amazon account on it. I sorted one for the in laws who don't have an amazon account and all of a sudden "i" had signed up to amazon prime lol. Luckily I cause it in time befor the £80 came out of my account.

I never learn either. Recently setup IPTV on 2 Dm800se's for a mate, he rang me to ask if there was a problem cos it was glitching while he was watching Game of Thrones.
I explained to him that it was his provider he needs to ask, not me, lol. He rings me the next day to ask why his red button services won't work, I give in.

I never learn either. Recently setup IPTV on 2 Dm800se's for a mate, he rang me to ask if there was a problem cos it was glitching while he was watching Game of Thrones.
I explained to him that it was his provider he needs to ask, not me, lol. He rings me the next day to ask why his red button services won't work, I give in.

No good deed goes unpunished

I give over helping family, as soon as there's a flicker my phone suddenly turns into this:-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And I have to be there within 100th of a milisecond or it's sh*t

I ordered and paid for a solo2 for a family member last year. While waiting for it to come i was after telling the brother i was after ordering it for her.

while still waiting for the box to come, the brother sees the family member and decides to tell her a story about this guy he met who was just out of prison for 12 years and how tough it was inside.
then the moment my brother was waiting for happens. the family memeber asks "what he was in for?".
to which my brother replies he had one of those dodgy tv boxes. if he was caught nowadays he'd get over 20 years for it.

I gets a phone call. "i dont want the box anymore".

it took me over a week to convince her to take the bloody thing.

You can be sure it was the last time i ever told the brother anything.

Back