expert help needed pleeeeeeeeease re_dm500s

kevlinks72

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys&gals
I've a problem with setting my mates dm500s up....i have cable in my area and been using a dm500c for many years so i am alien to the dm500s....i was told to put a pli jade image on his dm500s as the enigma dw2.0 did'nt work on his dm500s...my dm500c works with no probs all channels working great...i am currantly at his house 10 miles away from mine as he only has satalite in his area, i cant seem to get find a satalite to get a picture i only get one sat coming up its astra.....i have read for 2 days and everything i try does'nt work...can someone how to find the correct satalite for his box, he has a sky box and had no new card so i dont think its an n3 problem i think its something wrong what im doing.....any info please........

Hi Guys&gals
I've a problem with setting my mates dm500s up....i have cable in my area and been using a dm500c for many years so i am alien to the dm500s....i was told to put a pli jade image on his dm500s as the enigma dw2.0 did'nt work on his dm500s...my dm500c works with no probs all channels working great...i am currantly at his house 10 miles away from mine as he only has satalite in his area, i cant seem to get find a satalite to get a picture i only get one sat coming up its astra.....i have read for 2 days and everything i try does'nt work...can someone how to find the correct satalite for his box, he has a sky box and had no new card so i dont think its an n3 problem i think its something wrong what im doing.....any info please........

get the maxvar image for the 500s m8 PLi® Images website at the top green bar it says dm500m
if hes hooking his box upto a sly dish he will only get free to air stuff on 28.2east astra.
if u want anything else u need download via box ccams and try and look into cs.

Last edited:
Thanks for info m8, the problem is that i cant get even free view.....

i did get a load of satalites in a list last night and tried many but most had no lock on but 2-3 had a lock on but when done a trans scan it went to 20-30mins so i thought maybe this was going to work but after 2 mins it went to the done screen and said 10 transponders scaned with 17 new t.v services and so on but still nothing on the t.v.....i think i must be doing something wrong but i dont know what.....

do i need the dm500s connected to the internet to make it work?

do i need the sky card inserted into the box? as with my 500c i dont have the card inserted nor internet conncted....

do i need to use a splitter as his sly box in the kitchen comes directly from his dish, his dish has 2 cables coming from it, living room and kitchen...

what satalites should i be using, i've tried astra/hotbird/eurobird plus 10-15 more.....

i just disconnected his sly box and screwed the f-connecter to the dm500s and connected the scart plug then f-connecter from out on dm500s to his areial on t.v.....

i,ve tried everything in the user manual and read around the stickies here for 3 days but i still think im doing something wrong, his box is brand new, can anyone give me a clue to what procedure to carry out from the start with sat dishes as i am totally lost....cable seems to be a lot easier as i mentioned before i have had no probs with cable.....could the tuner be shagged in this 500s?........

Last edited:
Ur cable goes from dish right into the 500 no splitters
go to sats and transponders and selet astra 28.2 as that is the only sat u will get unless using motor dish.
Check the snr should lock on about 90
ur agc will be near 90 also if not ur not getting signal so redo cable connections.
Once u get lock do manual scan on 28.2 east
when done press ok a couple times. Then u will see green button for sats toto astra then services and select free channel and it should clear . U can add to boquet from there same as ur 500 c or put channel list on

the satalite dreamboxes and cable ones are differnt satalite dosent use n3 and they never will they use nds which is not hacked and probably never will be so you will only get free to air channels with a 500s

but to get it to get a signal you need to go in settings and go to service searching then satalite configuration and select one single satalite
and set it to astra 28.2E
then go to automatic transponder scan

if you wont any other channels you will have to look in to cs

Cheers guys.....i'll pop back up his house and have another go......thanks for your help......one more question....will my magic.files for mydm500c work on his dm500s?
is cs the only way to sort his channels out?

Cheers guys.....i'll pop back up his house and have another go......thanks for your help......one more question....will my magic.files for mydm500c work on his dm500s?
is cs the only way to sort All his channels out?

Magic files are only for cable mate.

cheers m8......it looks like he'll have to give the box back to the guy he was buying it off.....£100.....and get his money back, i dont think he will be into cs as its complicated and expensive.......

i did tell him he paid to much, and they are only around 50 notes.........
and true about me getting to grips with the sat scene m8.....times ticking on this area too.......i'll make the most of it while it lasts.....lol......:proud:

Back