Expect a huge influx of new users....

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Speedy2206

A couple of days ago I popped into the general cable section, and explained to people how much better the dbox2 is compared to their old crappy pace and samsung boxes. JIMMYQ also backed me up on it.

Unfortunately, pace and samsung boxes have now been going off NATIONWIDE. It seems that the cable companies are hitting nearly every type of card; see below:

Atmegas are down...
Autoupdating Atmegas are down...
Autoupdating Funcards are down....
TIT1 and 2 are down...
OPOS are nearly down...
Funcards going down...
Theyre hitting every bloody card available!!

Eurovox is down...
FTA101 is down....

The only card remaining as far as I can see is the MOSC.
Anyway, their was a post in the general cable section earlier about a dbox, someone saying that their dbox went off but its now back on after updating the image.

Since then, i have had 23 PM's all asking me "where can i buy a dbox", "can you sell me a dbox", "how much is a dbox", blah blah blah.

I have always advised AGAINST buying a dbox due to what is happening, but people dont take any notice. Therefore I've just directed them to eBay, and also warned them sternly that the dbox may well be the next thing to be hit.

The amount of interest of the DBOX has SOARED now that all this has happened. So beware, and expect a HUGE influx of new dbox users (as well as dreambox users in the new section)...

(Dont you find it amazing at how many greedy people we have on here? Their boxes go down and they dont like it coz they cant get cable... so they go for the next best thing, even tho it could be the next thing to be hit! The cable scene is dieing.... people will have to accept that one day it will all be gone.)

And since writing this post I've just had another 2 PM's on it!

liamcrayden said:
A couple of days ago I popped into the general cable section, and explained to people how much better the dbox2 is compared to their old crappy pace and samsung boxes. JIMMYQ also backed me up on it.

Unfortunately, pace and samsung boxes have now been going off NATIONWIDE. It seems that the cable companies are hitting nearly every type of card; see below:

Atmegas are down...
TIT1 and 2 are down...
OPOS are nearly down...
Funcards going down...

Eurovox is down...
FTA101 is down....

The only card remaining as far as I can see is the MOSC.
Anyway, their was a post in the general cable section earlier about a dbox, someone saying that their dbox went off but its now back on after updating the image.

Since then, i have had 23 PM's all asking me "where can i buy a dbox", "can you sell me a dbox", "how much is a dbox", blah blah blah.

I have always advised AGAINST buying a dbox due to what is happening, but people dont take any notice. Therefore I've just directed them to eBay, and also warned them sternly that the dbox may well be the next thing to be hit.

The amount of interest of the DBOX has SOARED now that all this has happened. So beware, and expect a HUGE influx of new dbox users (as well as dreambox users in the new section)...

(Dont you find it amazing at how many greedy people we have on here? Their boxes go down and they dont like it coz they cant get cable... so they go for the next best thing, even tho it could be the next thing to be hit! The cable scene is dieing.... people will have to accept that one day it will all be gone.)

Just got home, my dreambox running sweet as a nut :)

Surely this is the way to go, not second hand gorman jobbies?

DBOX and Dreambox definately the way to go.... just depends on what you can afford really (the price difference is getting smaller by the day). The amount of support for the dbox drives people to buy it, with only a little support for the dreambox.

However, many people on here have now decided to move on to the dreambox - after all, it IS the next generation receiver.

My opinion - does it matter which one you get? If the dbox goes down then the dreambox is likely to follow it (they are based on the same system!) ... just get what you can afford :)

Liam.

Yeah theres a reason why your with me all the way tho aint there lol ;)

erm............... cough,cough yes mate the projects looking good so far ;)

i agree with you . HOPE THEY CAN FIND THE SEARCH BUTTON .

this site wants locking so members only can view.

just had a look and there are more guests than members

JIMMYQ said:
erm............... cough,cough yes mate the projects looking good so far ;)

Have we got a plan coming together, this is the 2nd or 3rd post like this I have seen between you 2.....

Something to do with dbox (guessing vod) but I guess we'll just have to wait. Lots of activity on here today, it's certainly the busiest I have ever seen it.

liamcrayden said:
Atmegas are down...
TIT1 and 2 are down...
OPOS are nearly down...
Funcards going down...

Eurovox is down...
FTA101 is down....

Next busiest place to DW is gonna be fleabay tommorow, anyone want to buy a ahem c#$%*@d cable box...going cheep.

dear people out there the d box is not free you still have to pay for a cable connection , its just subsidised through paying for a phone or broadband connection , the true reallity is thats a true fair price to pay for an electrical impulse !!!!!!!!

hotshot22 thanks for that. pure poetry

" I wandered lonely as a electrical impulse "

k-net2020 said:
Have we got a plan coming together, this is the 2nd or 3rd post like this I have seen between you 2.....

Something to do with dbox (guessing vod) but I guess we'll just have to wait

you following us around mate ?.....................pmsl

i cant wait to get VOD in my area ......LOL

new member here

Ive been on the sat scene for a while so i know what to expect when things go to shitt

the thing that is pi$sing me off is the amount of people moaning on other forums instead of trying to sort out there boxes themselves. if you buy something then find out how it works

at least they havent sent new cards out so we will good warning if/when they go N2.

i

Got another 4 PMs today from people wanting to move on to dbox/dreambox. This section is going to go through the roof! :)

loady said:
Tell ya, its a right bleeder to get on this board since those boxes went down.

There was something like 320,000 visits yesterday - with anything up to 1,200 users all online at the same time. And i'm guessing that around 750 of those users were only here to get a quick fix to their f*ck*ed boxes.

Problem on here is that everyone takes and hardly anyone gives. Thankfully we dont have a situation as bad as that in the dbox section - but take a look at the general cable area.... most posts you get in there are either demands for a fix or life threats if you dont help sum1 out with their question thats been answered 30,000 times before!

Im really thinking that the forum needs to be closed to new registrants for a while, and the current list of inactive users flushed. The other night, there were more GUESTS online than MEMBERS! Maybe its time to hide the forum posts until you are fully registered here.

Liam.

Im really thinking that the forum needs to be closed to new registrants for a while, and the current list of inactive users flushed. The other night, there were more GUESTS online than MEMBERS! Maybe its time to hide the forum posts until you are fully registered here.

Liam.

I agree 100% mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back