Expect a huge influx of new users....

Status
Not open for further replies.
liamcrayden said:
there were more GUESTS online than MEMBERS! Maybe its time to hide the forum posts until you are fully registered here.

Liam.

its like that at most times mate ;)

well i got my dbox and i am over the moon with it more channels than i get on N** box apart from the very occasional locking up its great a small price to pay lol running sportster 1.5 UK

I also have just brought a Dbox2, I am about to upload gav's new image. All interesting stuff. After a lot of playing time, maybe I will be able to post some interesting information.

i havnt got a dbox and i dont want one lol .i still like to read whats going on in your section though .saying that ive got a 1 metre dish and a couple of d2mac decoders possibly a gold card or 6 . remember when they went and the world was ending according to some people . some people pay more for a updating card than a programmer and fun .how easy is it to learn how to program a card but no they want something that others have spent months learning but want it today . bless em .

well i think we should dbox is the quite, the more folk that get them, the more likly the cc's will do something about it :FRIGHT: personlaly i would say nothing lol.

Last edited:
This is bad news for everybody, the more people who have d boxes the more attention the cc's will pay towards them. Lets just hope that some of these people are put off by the fact they are not very good with computers and the first time you look on forums some of the jargon can be off putting

I think you've all got out on the wrong side of bed! I've just logged on to get away from my moaning wife and here all I see is moaning...

You said something about everyone wants the next best thing Liam and seemed to be quite offended. If you had something, anything at all, that stopped working wouldn't you want the next best thing? Surely you would?

I have no plans to look at a dbox at the mo. Maybe I'm antiquated and clearly not as advanced as everyone in this post but I'm quite happy to reprog my funcard whenever it's needed. But if it did go down permanently then I would start looking for a replacement or "the next best thing". What's wrong with that?

And why did you go on the forum to tell everyone how good these dboxes are but then have a fit when people listen to you and start asking for help?

Don't think I'll venture into the dbox forums again - you're all a bit weird :D [no harm intended- joke] apart from Jimmy. He's a lovely chap. Aren't you JimmyQ? Yes you are. Oh yes you are...

Just a suggestion - why not make the donation compulsory for new members? At least that way they'll be contributing to the extra bandwidth requirements. In addition if the mods and experienced members leave the 'obvious' questions - that way those with a bit of experience will get the chance to contribute.

Just my suggestions - feel free to shoot me down!!

iant said:
Just a suggestion - why not make the donation compulsory for new members? At least that way they'll be contributing to the extra bandwidth requirements. In addition if the mods and experienced members leave the 'obvious' questions - that way those with a bit of experience will get the chance to contribute.

Just my suggestions - feel free to shoot me down!!

Compulsory donations lol
Is that not a contradiction in terms
Hang on till i load up my gun lol

IANBBB said:
Compulsory donations lol
Is that not a contradiction in terms
Hang on till i load up my gun lol

Fair point! Not my best turn of phrase ever!!

Just trying to suggest alternatives to a previous suggestion of banning all new registrations ...

ian.. if i had to pay for a forum , id ditch it, there are plenty others,
also, this forum is about something for nothing. negates the purpose.

im not saying dont help folk, if people find out about dboxes in their own manner and need help, of course we should help... but going around other forums ( or anywhere else) and shouting about it, is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
ive donated

i woodnt like to be asked for cash for this forum
but when u r asked to donate to the site then if u can afford it then cough up
help keep forums like this alive

and yes i think the forum posts shood be locked to new members for now

stop the free loaders

pps ( Admin can u give me a lil donated sign pleeez)

liamcrayden said:
A couple of days ago I popped into the general cable section, and explained to people how much better the dbox2 is compared to their old crappy pace and samsung boxes. JIMMYQ also backed me up on it.

Unfortunately, pace and samsung boxes have now been going off NATIONWIDE. It seems that the cable companies are hitting nearly every type of card; see below:

Atmegas are down...
Autoupdating Atmegas are down...
Autoupdating Funcards are down....
TIT1 and 2 are down...
OPOS are nearly down...
Funcards going down...
Theyre hitting every bloody card available!!

Eurovox is down...
FTA101 is down....

The only card remaining as far as I can see is the MOSC.
Anyway, their was a post in the general cable section earlier about a dbox, someone saying that their dbox went off but its now back on after updating the image.

Since then, i have had 23 PM's all asking me "where can i buy a dbox", "can you sell me a dbox", "how much is a dbox", blah blah blah.

I have always advised AGAINST buying a dbox due to what is happening, but people dont take any notice. Therefore I've just directed them to eBay, and also warned them sternly that the dbox may well be the next thing to be hit.

The amount of interest of the DBOX has SOARED now that all this has happened. So beware, and expect a HUGE influx of new dbox users (as well as dreambox users in the new section)...

(Dont you find it amazing at how many greedy people we have on here? Their boxes go down and they dont like it coz they cant get cable... so they go for the next best thing, even tho it could be the next thing to be hit! The cable scene is dieing.... people will have to accept that one day it will all be gone.)

I dont even know what this thread is about anymore.... its seems to have turned into an argument of some sort, but how that has happened I really do not know!

This all started when I popped into the General Cable section to discover that a few of the boxes had been going down. I purely said 'my DBOX is fine here', and that was that.

But people became interested in the DBOX, so I explained to them what they are what they can do, etc.

I now return to this thread a month and a half later to find some of the most stupid comments I have seen on WoD.

Its things like this that really annoy me:
Pimp Panther said:
And why did you go on the forum to tell everyone how good these dboxes are but then have a fit when people listen to you and start asking for help?

Fact is, I DIDNT go onto the General Cable Section just randomly blurting about these boxes; there was actually a general interest - especially when the Eurovox vs Dbox thread popped up.

And I actually dont understand your comment either Pimp Panther, I have absolutely no problem with helping people out when it comes to anything cable related - I enjoy it... and I definately dont have fits.

This thread will now be closed, because I have absolutely no idea what people are going on about now. It doesnt even follow on from the previous post; its as if a random argument has been sparked by somebody in a bad mood! Well now IM in a bad mood.

Bottom line is: if people dont want a DBOX2, then bugger off, go elsewhere! If you're interested in finding out about one or just want some general information, then WELCOME! Post your question and we aim to answer it within 30 seconds lol. But if, like some people on here, you have absolutely no interest in the DBOX2 at all or dont even know what it is - then why are you here? Go to a more appropriate section that interests you!

Rant over.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back