Exercise Routines & Videos

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right so, I'm sure everyone here does or has used a website for a routine or some new moves to mix it up a bit, I know Sicilian has posted one in another thread but thought it would be nice to make a future sticky for us and any new fitness fanatics.

This is the one I started using and was the one that got me off my arse and motivated, turned me from soft and podgy to ripped under a thinn layer of fat!! If the layer wasn't there I would look like a stacked, indiginous tribal monkey hunter and champion wild boar wrestler!

SIX PACK ABS WORKOUT PROGRAM

Contains a mix of rountines and one off challenges. Even if you don't want to do the routines, the videos are excellent and show you lots and lots of new moves to add to your arsenel.

I found these just the other day on Fitness - Exercise - Workouts - Men's Fitness website. Nice collections of exersizes for all people even if you have no equipment.

Posted by Sicilian
"Btw, not sure at what level you're at with body building, but heres a great Body building program, its what I started with "

Bodybuilding.com - Matt Danielsson - Beginner's Bodybuilding Program!

Posted by Gargamel
"If you need some pointers? Here you go - loads of excellent core training ideas for you here (and if it's good enough for Manny Pacquiao, then it's good enough for the rest of us!)"

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HMdSor8_UI0]YouTube - Abdominal Exercises for Boxers (part one)[/ame]
[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R34yAmgv-Mw]YouTube - Abdominal Exercises for Boxers (part two)[/ame]

If anyone wants, I can post up one of my "100 Workouts" that I weekly put the guys (and girls) I train thru?

Go for it mate, the more the merrier... We need to gather lots of good info in one place.

bloody hell, I didnt even though this section was in DW! Im using realtime posts, just discovered it, hence the discovery of this section.

Last few months have been spent in hotel without gym and so put on loads of weight, so your tips should hopefully come in handy. Thanks guys.

Go for it mate, the more the merrier... We need to gather lots of good info in one place.

Cool mate - ok, well to start it off - here's a quick (30 minutes-ish) calisthenic "100 Workout" (or "Centurion Workout" as one of the guys calls it!) that I'll be taking later today.

If anyone needs any demos on how to perform any of the exercises, let me know and I'll find some pictures or videos.

1. 100 burpees with push ups.
2. 100 ab/core exercises (mixed up to work entire core - upper/lower abs & obliques - so like 20 standard crunches, straight into 20 side crunches, straight into 20 v-ups etc...)
3. 100 dips.
4. 100 step ups.

Work thru it all as quick as possible and with minimal rest periods - e.g. after doing the 100 burpees, we'll rest for about 30-60 seconds (use this precious rest time to wipe your face, drink some water etc) and then go straight into the 100 ab/core work.

A quick but pretty challenging workout that doesn't need any fancy equipment and that males and females can do equally well.

Just need a wipeable(!!) floor mat for the Ab work, a couple of similar height objects (e.g. 2 chairs) to support your hands and feet on the Dips, and if you haven't got a Step bench you can substitute the 100 Step Ups for 100 bodyweight squats or lunges instead.

Oh and you might need a bucket for when you finish your 100 burpees! lol

Andy Murray interval training

Excerpt from a magazine interview with Andy Murray and his fitness coach - (he does this workout AFTER a weights session in the gym!)

"After they'd done their work in the gym, they finished it off with a nice and easy track session: 20 x 100 metre sprints.

Put simply, you have one minute to sprint 100 metres, but your recovery has to fall inside that 60 seconds too. So, the longer you take on the sprint, the less time you have between sprints.

Andy's way of dealing with it is to focus solely on how long he'll actually be running for - not the time he'll spend recovering.

He manages, somehow, to run all 20 of his sprints at or around 15 seconds, with the odd 13 second effort in there too, as he explains to fitness coach Jez Green.

It's a really ugly session, and one that tests the body in very different ways to a one-off sprint. If you're running 20 in a row at the kind of speeds Andy does, you can consider yourself a very good tennis athlete
."

Carl Froch's 5-minute press-up workout

Taken from an interview I read with Carl Froch (WBC super middleweight champion) - a good 5-minute bodyweight training routine that can be done anywhere...

"This press-up routine is a good one that the average man can do. It's a hundred and fifty press-ups: you do 50 press-ups, and have a 40 second rest, and then 40, with a 30 second rest, and 30, with a 20 second rest and so on, and then with your last ten, do hand-clap press ups. So that’s 150 in five minutes. I’ve got it down to 2 and a half minutes and I can do between 200 and 250. That’s intense but it's a really good all-round work-out."

Gym Exercises and videos

Posted by dotty145
"I got started in the gym a couple of months ago and didnt really know what to do. found this site that helped me and i hope it can help some other new starters"

Gym Exercises and Gym Exercise Videos

You should try the Carmen Electra workout, it's good.

The gym usually have individual workouts made up for you, if you ask. Hope that helps. :)

PruProtect offer a vitality programme with health cover and lots of discounts to places such as virgin fitness centres, half price. So get healthy and be insured at same time

Re: Carl Froch's 5-minute press-up workout

I found the MFT28 program To be really good for building muscle and cutting fat.

I found the MFT28 program To be really good for building muscle and cutting fat.

How often did you do this program ?

Regards
Mick

Taken from an interview I read with Carl Froch (WBC super middleweight champion) - a good 5-minute bodyweight training routine that can be done anywhere...

"This press-up routine is a good one that the average man can do. It's a hundred and fifty press-ups: you do 50 press-ups, and have a 40 second rest, and then 40, with a 30 second rest, and 30, with a 20 second rest and so on, and then with your last ten, do hand-clap press ups. So that’s 150 in five minutes. I’ve got it down to 2 and a half minutes and I can do between 200 and 250. That’s intense but it's a really good all-round work-out."

I would say for a boxer that is a good routine, for all round workout I would through in some jumping burpees

Ive been doing stronglifts 5x5 seems to workout fine for me. Id recommend for everyone.

Back