Exclusive! - First Fifa 09 pics

Do ya know when its released m8,getting my twin boys a ps3 in october and their footy mad so would be nice too have fifa 09

looking forward to this, not missed a fifa game since 99 :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

nice one looks really nice

thanks for sharing

Here's some new screenshots, actual ones rather than scans from a magazine.

Last edited:
Graphics look great, I just hope the gameplay is nothing like UEFA Euro 2008 !!!

Graphics look great, I just hope the gameplay is nothing like UEFA Euro 2008 !!!

The third screenshot does look excellent but i think that's only CGI and not actually the in-game graphics. The in-game graphics look very similar to Fifa 08, the player models look improved though which is good.

Graphics look really good on all the Fifa games, but i will always remain a Pro Evo fan as you just can't beat the game play!

Graphics look really good on all the Fifa games, but i will always remain a Pro Evo fan as you just can't beat the game play!

I havent played PES 2008 but from what ive heard from people they say the gameplay is to fast and 'arcady' as opposed to Fifa 08.

I'm a PES fan too but really enjoy FIFA 08 on the PS3. The only thing about FIFA that really gets on my tits is after a league season thats it! no promotion or European ties to play the following season (Like Master league in PES), and the weather is always the feckin' same.

At least with PES you get a bit of variety with rain (Heavy playing pitch), snow & evening games.

Considering the amount of licences FIFA have, you would think they would add this little extra? Some peeps enjoy playing as their favourite team all the time, so it would be nice to be rewarded with some European footie at the end of the season. Or the other extreme relegation!

I havent played PES 2008 but from what ive heard from people they say the gameplay is to fast and 'arcady' as opposed to Fifa 08.

i haven't played a Fifa game since 1996 on the Playstation. However, i have played the odd Fifa hear and there but not enough to make a comment on the games playability and so on.

I heard that alot of PES fans had "converted" to Fifa after playing 08 so it may have been a decent game but i really never gave it a chance.

PES 08 is a really good game, before that the gameplay was always similar and they tried to improve the graphics in every new release with minimal change to the gameplay, with 08 they have tried to change the gameplay and tried something a bit different and i believe they did a good job of it.

Lets see what the next instalment brings us, who knows i may even attempt to play Fifa 09:proud:

i haven't played a Fifa game since 1996 on the Playstation. However, i have played the odd Fifa hear and there but not enough to make a comment on the games playability and so on.

I heard that alot of PES fans had "converted" to Fifa after playing 08 so it may have been a decent game but i really never gave it a chance.

PES 08 is a really good game, before that the gameplay was always similar and they tried to improve the graphics in every new release with minimal change to the gameplay, with 08 they have tried to change the gameplay and tried something a bit different and i believe they did a good job of it.

Lets see what the next instalment brings us, who knows i may even attempt to play Fifa 09:proud:

Yeah i was one of them, i got 08 as it was the first footie game out for the PS3 and ive never stopped playing it now. I still have got PES 2008 but i hardly ever play it now though. FIFA tipped it for me this year, they seemed to put more effort in than PES. Like you say wait till they release 0, but i bet you ill end up with both again. :proud:

Yeah i was one of them, i got 08 as it was the first footie game out for the PS3 and ive never stopped playing it now. I still have got PES 2008 but i hardly ever play it now though. FIFA tipped it for me this year, they seemed to put more effort in than PES. Like you say wait till they release 0, but i bet you ill end up with both again. :proud:

YOU TRAITOR!!!!!! :proud: Lol

I only play PES 2008 on my PC and my set-up at the moments is absolutely shite, so i am not getting the best out of the game i suppose, and also the fact that i don't own any new generation consoles mean i can't really get a good indication of both the games. My m8 has a 360 which i play PES on sometimes but not that much

YOU TRAITOR!!!!!! :proud: Lol

I only play PES 2008 on my PC and my set-up at the moments is absolutely shite, so i am not getting the best out of the game i suppose, and also the fact that i don't own any new generation consoles mean i can't really get a good indication of both the games. My m8 has a 360 which i play PES on sometimes but not that much

you don't know what your missing not having a ps3 with fifa 08!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I'm a PES fan too but really enjoy FIFA 08 on the PS3. The only thing about FIFA that really gets on my tits is after a league season thats it! no promotion or European ties to play the following season (Like Master league in PES), and the weather is always the feckin' same.

At least with PES you get a bit of variety with rain (Heavy playing pitch), snow & evening games.

Considering the amount of licences FIFA have, you would think they would add this little extra? Some peeps enjoy playing as their favourite team all the time, so it would be nice to be rewarded with some European footie at the end of the season. Or the other extreme relegation!

No promotion or European ties? There is if you play on Manager Mode. they don't have play off matches in the Coca Cola League's, thats something EA need to sort out but you can get Promoted. According to the reports there will be a variety of different Weather conditions in Fifa 09, i also was disappointed at playing constantly in sunny conditions in Fifa 08.

They have the EEC also so you do get European footie.

No promotion or European ties? There is if you play on Manager Mode. they don't have play off matches in the Coca Cola League's, thats something EA need to sort out but you can get Promoted. According to the reports there will be a variety of different Weather conditions in Fifa 09, i also was disappointed at playing constantly in sunny conditions in Fifa 08.

They have the EEC also so you do get European footie.

you do get european footie in fifa cause i won the Europen Cup with Motherwell lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you do get european footie in fifa cause i won the Europen Cup with Motherwell lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

That's what i was saying. It's not very good though.

-The matches are played in the day and not at night,

-The final is played at the Home teams Stadium and not at a neutral venue,

- The opposition play just like they do in a domestic game. In real life European teams play more tactical and at a slower pace

- The Commentators don't even know your playing a 2 leg tie. I lost the 1st leg of a tie 0-1 but won the 2nd leg 1-0 in normal time, it went to Extra time and the opposition scored to make it 1-1. but the Commentators said 'can they take it to penalties'. when its not possible seeing as they had an away goal.

I know EA don't have the Champions League licence but they could at least sort out these things to make it feel like your playing European football.

Last edited:
aye well fair enuff mate i never thought of that, it does get annoying

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back