Everton back Uefa financial plan

davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
Everton back Uefa financial plan

_44784347_arteta_getty.jpg
Uefa are trying to earn support to implement the revenue changes

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness has backed Uefa's plans to redistribute prize money among clubs in European competition more evenly.
Everton received £400,000 from reaching the last 16 of the Uefa Cup last season, while Champions League winners Manchester United netted £33.9m.
"If the current situation continues, clubs will not be able to compete," Wyness told the club's website.
"The gaps in domestic leagues across Europe will become larger and larger."
European football's governing body is trying to persuade English clubs to accept a smaller chunk of the Champions League pot after it was revealed British clubs made up 26% of the £462m total Champions League television and sponsorship revenues last season.
o.gif
Champions League runners-up Chelsea earned £28.7m, while semi-finalists Liverpool scooped £21.1m after beating Arsenal, who made £18.3m, in the last eight.
In comparison, Tottenham and Bolton each earned £352,000 and Aberdeen £265,000 from their Uefa Cup forays.
The figures did not include gate receipts or matchday revenue.
Wyness said a change was necessary to ensure the Premier League remained competitive.
"At Everton our aim is to bridge the gap in the Premier League," Wyness added on the club's website.
o.gif

William Gaillard, Uefa spokesman

"We certainly believe we are moving in the right direction following the progress the team has made over the last few season and are now calling on the football authorities in Europe to aid us in our bid."
Uefa will try to earn the support of the European Strategy Council, the consultative body representing clubs, leagues, players and associations, to implement changes to the revenue structure, which is currently fixed until 2010. Earlier this month, Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said: "We are well aware there are some imbalances in the revenue distribution which have a negative effect in national leagues by widening the gap between the rich and not so rich. "We will talk to the clubs and see how they feel, and try to convince them that in the longer run it is not in their interest if, because of the way money is distributed, national leagues become too imbalanced."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/7477106.stm

my thoughts are u r in it u win it u should get the money

everton will back anything if the think they will get more money
but apart from the this eufa will do anything to stop the english monopoly in european football
he tried it with limiting the amount of non english player and found this was angist the law so now he is trying it this way
notice nothing was said when spain , italy
etc where dominating europe

Fek Everton (sorry Janobi m8). Thats like saying that Joe Calzaghe should give some of his prize money to boxers that just dont make the grade. If teams are good enough then they will get more money, a few years ago we lost lots when we went out to Benfica and Manyoo lost it the year before, didnt see anyone saying we should get more for going out then.

notice nothing was said when spain , italy
etc where dominating europe

Couldnt agree more mate. Wasnt to long ago we had an all Italian final. Not a dickie bird mentioned then. Its just an anti English stance.

the champions league is the big thing . but the divide is growing bigger betwen clubs . the reals and man uns can afford to buy themselves out of any trouble they get into . the amount of money being poured into the premiership in unreal .

Just out of curiosity, how much did the winners, runners up etc of the UEFA cup get?

You can only compare like for like in terms of finishing positions, you can't compare Champions league winners earnings with 16 place in the UEFA cup.

Uefa winners

The great unwashed (aka Rangers) got around 10.5 million
for coming runner-up, not sure what the better team got- would nt be more than another 3 or 4 million

Typical of the blueshite. Always wanting something for nothing.

Fek Everton (sorry Janobi m8). Thats like saying that Joe Calzaghe should give some of his prize money to boxers that just dont make the grade. If teams are good enough then they will get more money, a few years ago we lost lots when we went out to Benfica and Manyoo lost it the year before, didnt see anyone saying we should get more for going out then.

No offence taken mate. fecking red scum. lol. There is a massive divide between CL money and UEFA monies. All the top 4 english clubs had over 20 million for champions league exploits. Just for being in the competition, not even for winning it. Everton had 400k for being in the UEFA cup. Now thats a difference of 19m, thats a massive amount of money, and thats without gate receipts and such.

I think that what is being argued is that the monies for each competition should be more proportional. I think Man Utd had like 40 million for winning champions league, yet Rangers only got 10.5million for coming runners up of UEFA. 30 million difference between the two competitions, and the divide is only going to get bigger.

And this divide is going to cause problems with leagues, who wants to see the league being dominated by 4 teams? Who win everything, take all the big money and players, and let the other teams rot? I certainly dont want another scottish league, where only 2 teams ever have the chance of winning, and the title is over by christmas. No offence John.

Rangers only got 10.5million for coming runners up of UEFA

Only mentioning Rangers because they just happen to be a perfect example.......They should count themselves fortunate -its not a bad return for a team that didn't make it past the group stages of champions league(they were 17th to 24th in terms of a CL finish) .- The UEFA cup is now a joke and has become a "plate" competition for champions league failures. Teams that fail in CL are actually pinching the money that genuine Uefa cup hopefuls should be playing for . Once you're out of Europe YOU SHOULD BE OUT.... think it was same for Seville previous season

....they are having their cake and eating someone elses....THANKS TO UEFAS OWN RULES......

I have more sympathy with Everton in this situation -they did not have a crack at CL footy last season.

I believe there is an anti Eglish/UK stance by UEFA too....there was a thread on here that UEFA were bleating about not being able to maximise their revenue and sell the rights to Euro2008 to highest bidder...(we all know who theyd love to sell the rights to )...only the UK was mentioned in the article....

according to LJs web site the state broadcasters in Ireland,Holland,Germany,Switzerland, Austria & Greece all had access to the whole tournament and broadcast fta in their own territories- no mention of them......

No offence taken mate. fecking red scum. lol. There is a massive divide between CL money and UEFA monies. All the top 4 english clubs had over 20 million for champions league exploits. Just for being in the competition, not even for winning it. Everton had 400k for being in the UEFA cup. Now thats a difference of 19m, thats a massive amount of money, and thats without gate receipts and such.

I think that what is being argued is that the monies for each competition should be more proportional. I think Man Utd had like 40 million for winning champions league, yet Rangers only got 10.5million for coming runners up of UEFA. 30 million difference between the two competitions, and the divide is only going to get bigger.

And this divide is going to cause problems with leagues, who wants to see the league being dominated by 4 teams? Who win everything, take all the big money and players, and let the other teams rot? I certainly dont want another scottish league, where only 2 teams ever have the chance of winning, and the title is over by christmas. No offence John.

lmfao . m8 you already have that only man united or chelsae are going to win your league the rest are also rans .

so u r telling me if everton got into the champ league
and they happen to win it :roflmao:
they would say i dont think we should have all this money lets give 50% to glentoran because they dont have any money
i do not feckin think so

this is the club who buy on the cheap and sell with a profit because they r a better player because they played for everton lmao

And this divide is going to cause problems with leagues, who wants to see the league being dominated by 4 teams? Who win everything, take all the big money and players, and let the other teams rot?

As the above poster says - we already have it mate! United, Chels, Live & Arsenal. Its a big upset if thats not the top 4 year in and out.

they would say i dont think we should have all this money lets give 50% to glentoran because they dont have any money
i do not feckin think so

this is the club who buy on the cheap and sell with a profit because they r a better player because they played for everton lmao

if your giving 50% to the glens i want some for D.C too . its only fair lol

What it really needs is a redistribution of TV rights across all football competitions. The relative authorities giving TV rights based on whats best for the fans (not which TV company will pay the most). Maybe 5-6 channels having the rights to show equal amounts of Premiership/Champions League games.
Then a complete reduction of competition earnings, i.e. Champions League winners should be getting £5m tops, £2.5m runners up and nothing for everyone else (if getting over 40,000 people through the gate paying over £40 each isn't enough to pay a football team then there is something very wrong, which is exactly what we are seeing at the moment).

To use an F1 analogy, the amount of money handed out at the moment to the most successfull clubs is like giving Ferrari a 5-lap lead, it just leads to a precession.

The current situation is not good for anybody other than Man Ure, Redshite, The Arse, Chelski fans (even then is it that good when you look at the ticket prices you currently pay). It's certainly no good for anybody else. Lets be honest we are still likely to see the same few teams dominating (particularly if they have the support and thus the extra gate revenues) but it will be a more level playing field.

By the way i'm an Everton fan and I think you'll find Wyness comments probably represent the opinions of the majority of the football world (even if his views are biased towards the plight of Everton FC).

i do not feckin think so

We all know it aint going to happen. lol. But I do think the monies are unfairly distributed, and I wonder if half of the bluenose haters would care if Everton hadn't raised the issue. If megson had commented, no doubt half the haters here would be backing the idea, if we dont act now things will only get worse.

As someone said, if Liverpool arent in the top 4 its considered a tragedy, not in my house it aint. We need a competitive league to help the national teams, and only 4 clubs dominating wont help that. Scottish league for instance, or even the french league, their national game has suffered considerably or IMO they have.

We all know it aint going to happen. lol. But I do think the monies are unfairly distributed, and I wonder if half of the bluenose haters would care if Everton hadn't raised the issue. If megson had commented, no doubt half the haters here would be backing the idea, if we dont act now things will only get worse.

As someone said, if Liverpool arent in the top 4 its considered a tragedy, not in my house it aint. We need a competitive league to help the national teams, and only 4 clubs dominating wont help that. Scottish league for instance, or even the french league, their national game has suffered considerably or IMO they have.

our scootish national team is on a high at the moment m8 . playing the best football we have done in years .

Back