EuroVox2 Scotland

DJ_Lex

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys, just got my Eurovox 2 to have a play with and its all setup, only one problem when i scan for channels i only have a list of areas in england through my scan options, as at present there are only two files .bin files i might add that you choose from and flash to the box, I am under the understanding that file 1 is for the south of England and file 2 for the north, but none for Scotland. I flashed the file called: Ray_384C_2ndArea_2Scart_x_xp_dn_050924.bin does anybody know if this is correct i just thought hey its closer to Scotland than the other one. lol. Any ideas folks, greatly appreciated? or does anybody know where there is a good Eurovox 2 thread? thanx

Yeah you need the file which is closest to you. If scotland isnt listed then just choose the next closest area and pray that it works! I have to use FILE2 for me in the south of england, and have to choose "Southampton" as my area is also not listed.

Il try File 1

Thanks Liam, il try file one and see what success i get with that, mmmn whats the closest time to get the map out my geography is crap, lol

Got It

Got itthere was an option for Scotland in File 1 dunno if im getting as much channels as with my Dbox, but my first impressions of the box are very good. Really good picture quality, i dont know why but it seems a little crisper than the Dbox. Now i am facing the mammoth task of sorting out the channels. yipee.

Hi guys sorry to jump on your link but i'm intrested in these ne eurovox 2 as my sa4000 just packed up with the vod update (4.2) what do you think of these boxes anI'm struggling to fine the area 2 flash any chance you could pm me

Cheers

The only Scottish file is edinburgh tW although in reality that works for any area in Scotland. When you scan with that file you will be missing some channels make sure you get the latest service file frequencies and add them.

Personally if you simply want to watch TV (like most of us) the vox is v.good if you want to experiment a bit and learn the dbox is the business. Pictute quality is superb IMO.

The only Scottish file is Edinburgh TW (File 1) although in reality that works for any TW area in Scotland. When you scan with that file you will be missing some channels make sure you get the latest service file frequencies and add them.

Personally if you simply want to watch TV (like most of us) the vox is v.good if you want to experiment a bit and learn the dbox is still the business. Picture quality is superb IMO.

hi guys
dont know if it helps, but i live in stafford and have a eurovox2 but the files didn't work for me so i went to the installation screen and changed the symbol rate to 6887 and ket the box do a full scan and it came back with 350 channels plus radio. i'm not saying change yours to that symbol rate but its better than relying on a image thats not right for your area.

Its as easy as this

1 Go to menu then user installation.

2 Type in 0 0 0 0 click blue button (Very Important Once Set you cant alter this number so 0000 will be remembered easy).

3 Click blue button for power scan leave mode as normal.

4 Move to start and type in the first 3 digits of the lowest frequency you found this from your Dbox service XML file.

5 Leave stop as it is ie 870.

6 Then input your symbol rate from your service file into the first symbol rate in the power scan window.

7 That’s it press ok.

Within 10 minutes all channels will be available.
When the scan is finished you will get an on screen message saying please wait code being updated this takes about two /three minutes.
Hopefully you should now have a fully working eurovox-2.

Example n Huddersfielkd its 355 Mhz with a symbol rate of 6.887

I used telewest edinburgh, do not press ok to scan once the box is flashed exit out and blue for power scan. I used the default power scan settings and they worked fine.

Back