Eurovox?

v14

Banned
Reaction score
Any one know how these eurovox things work?

I've got a FTA101 arriving today at some point, I've got no software and no support...oh the joys!

Good, we can confuse each other equally then :)

I'm sitting next to my window watching for the Parcel Force van ;)

I think the EuroVox is a slightly different box mate, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking, I bought mine from some place called Techstore on eBay for £123.99

#Parcel Farce?.....
youll be lucky if you get it by next Friday.

I've asked the vendor for the software so i'll keep you posted

EUROVOX-LATEST-MODEL-VERSION-2-BETTER-THAN-DBOX_W0QQitemZ5818716817QQcategoryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
its the other one on dbay

hi lads heres the loader and software for fta101

Thanks lloyd but I think you forgot to upload the files mate :)
My box arrived, I plugged it in, selected Telewest and did a scan, it picked up loads more channels than my Dbox ever did (my signal is crap in this house), so I can now watch all the Freeview stuff but none of the encrypted stuff, I suppose that's why I need to install the alternative software :)
I have a firmware here that I found on the net, not sure if its the correct one but I'll give it a bash anyway :)

witchy2k1 said:
Thanks lloyd but I think you forgot to upload the files mate :)
My box arrived, I plugged it in, selected Telewest and did a scan, it picked up loads more channels than my Dbox ever did (my signal is crap in this house), so I can now watch all the Freeview stuff but none of the encrypted stuff, I suppose that's why I need to install the alternative software :)
I have a firmware here that I found on the net, not sure if its the correct one but I'll give it a bash anyway :)
heres the new files for FTA101 and Eurovox
enjoy!!!

why cant i upload without errors?????
if anyone does need the guides and files and cant get them pm me and ill send them the files...

lol...is it just me or has noone posted a link here?
how did you get on witchy?

@witchy2k1
your email dont work m8
anyone got somewhere i can upload the files if so pm me where i can put them cheers

sorted check you pm witchy2k1

you use a null modem cable and connect between the pc and box.

the firmware is supplied with a some firmware loader, just open the firmware loader select th firmware file, THEN turn the box on and it starts flashing.

It says System Reset when you need to turn the box ON to flash it....

Then you just connect up to your cable.. and follow the instructions with the firmware i uploaded...

am getting a version 2 this weekend so will have a review of that hopefully soon...

linked said:
@witchy2k1
your email dont work m8
anyone got somewhere i can upload the files if so pm me where i can put them cheers
sorted check you pm witchy2k1

Thanks very much for the files mate, I actually have those already, i was hoping for a sort of tutorial or sorts :)

I can run the software but there doesn't seem to be any communications between my PC and the box, I'm using the same cable that I use for flashing my Dbox2's, is this the wrong type of cable?

I'm thick.

...another quick point, when this FTA101 arrived the software that was already on it had a scan setting for Telewest!?!, how can this be?!, has someone already flashed the box, if so, then why can I only get FTA channels?!

oooh I'm confused! :)

I would re-flash it and see what happens, on the euro vox you choose the area then scan.... maybe it's the same...

Don't forget you need a null modem cable not a normal serial cable...

the cable you use for the dbox to pc is a null modem. the cable you probably need looks the same but is a just a 9 pin serial with 2 female ends
like i said they look the same but the pin outs are different
try maplins .......erm HI DE HI

2 females, but still needs to be a null modem, check pins 2 and 3 are crossed, if they are then it's a null modem cable...

Back