· Record From EPG menu

· Rewind Forward Skip

· Swap Hard Drives with Others To Share Your Media Library

· Connect Hard Drive To PC And Watch Or Copy Your Media Library

· 80/120GB Laptop Size IDE Hard drive Required

*Does Not Ship With Hard Drive

* PVR Functions Are Available To Use Only When Hard Drive Installed

EUROVOX EX5000 PVR Hard Drive Guide.

The receiver takes a 2.5 inch laptop drive.
It has been tested with 80gig Hitachi, Seagate, Western Digital and Samsung Drives.
Larger capacity drives can be fitted, although sometimes the bigger they are the noisier and hotter they get.
PVR Functions Are Available To Use Only When Hard Drive Installed

EUROVOX EX5000 PVR Hard Drive Guide.

The receiver takes a 2.5 inch laptop drive.
It has been tested with 80gig Hitachi, Seagate, Western Digital and Samsung Drives.
Larger capacity drives can be fitted, although sometimes the bigger they are the noisier and hotter they get.

IMPORTANT: A small number of laptop drives come with a plastic collar that covers some pins on either side of the connectors SEE PHOTO.
It is NOT RECOMMENDED to use these drives as the collar can sometimes cause difficulty in slotting the drive into the receiver,
and may damage the internal connectors.

Recommended Drives:

Seagate Momentus 5400 - 80g
Seagate Momentus 7200 - 80g

£107.00

I've been playing with different combo's for the last couple of days since i got some in and have come up with the following:

Some Hitachi & Fujitsu drives don't physically fit, so avoid them. No drive over 120Gig seems to work, so avoid them. I have successfully got a Seagate & WD 120Gig and old Hitachi 60Gig to work fine.

The new (v1.1) firmware does re-map the timeshift to the pause button, but there is an occasional slight Lip-Sync problem on some channels.

Big Problem - there is no language button on the remote, so there is no easy way to remove the audio description. You can upload the channel list to the PC and edit (delete) the main audio channel (PID) from the affected channels. This should work on all Eurovoxes, I have attached a tutorial - just remember to keep a backup of everything in case you screw up.

Feel free to suggest updates/corrections and remember I'm not a teacher or tutorial writer :)

eurovox to be releasing a firmware update to fix this next week-- going to change 1 of the coloured buttons so you can turn off the audio description with the touch of a button:banana:

What's the aspect ratio like on the this box?
If it's anything like all the other Eurovox models,i'll give it a miss for now.

Back