eurovox new firmware

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
im going to try flashing the new image file onto the eurovox 1

couple of things i aint sure about though

1. when i flash it will all the channel names be there or do i need to install a file to get the channel names?

2. when im doing this upgrade does the eurovox need to be plugged into the cable feed or not

any help is much appreciated

:Cheers:

ive noticed that sometimes the channels dissapear when firmware is upgraded but not allways, probably a good idea to back up your services first then zap them back to box when upgraded,
and no you dont need a feed

you should always upload your channels file and save it on your computer.
when you flash your box you should clear all data first, then once you have downloaded the software onto your box then download your channels files back on

i have flashed the image to the box! no problems there

i have uploaded channel file....... i have called it backup............ what do i call the file when sending it back to the box?

im doing a power scan just now to see if it picks up the channels but if that doesnt work i will send the channel file back to the box

everything worked without a problem

lost channel and setanta sports though

anybody know how to get them back??

tried the power scan

they show up on the list of channels in favourites

but the channels dont come on

im sure there is probably other ones that aint working also.......... but i aint checked them all yet

setanta is my main one i want to get back........ as this was one of the main reasons i bought the eurovox in the first place

anybody else in the glasgow area had this problem........ and been able to solve it?

info would be appreciated....... especially before the football this weekend :)

managed to get setanta back

no channel 5 still......... but i aint worried about this as 5 is sh1t anyway

deedie said:
managed to get setanta back

no channel 5 still......... but i aint worried about this as 5 is sh1t anyway

did you manage to get 5 back or what mate, good to let people know the outcome ?

thomson said:
did you manage to get 5 back or what mate, good to let people know the outcome ?

no luck with this

but i aint bothered......... as there aint that much on anyway

i take it this is a common problem since the firmware upgrade?????

deedie said:
no luck with this

but i aint bothered......... as there aint that much on anyway

i take it this is a common problem since the firmware upgrade?????
no mate, your channel 5 will be there, what happened is channel 5 changed its frequency and some box's now dont recognise it as "five", its there though, you just need to look for it, it will be named as another channel, more than likley like mines was it will be one of the channels that are named "TVCH", i found it on mines under the name tvch1, just have a look mate, it will be there somewhere, then edit the name to "five" and move it to channel number 5 on your box, this is all done just by your remote while the box is still hooked to tv.

let me know how you go mate, any probs, send me a pm with your yahoo or msn messenger id and we can chat on messenger and i will try and help you further.

:Cheers:

i have been through all the unnamed channels...........

none of them are channel 5

deedie said:
i have been through all the unnamed channels...........

none of them are channel 5

you sure your doing a powerscan ?? channel 5 has got to be there, simple as that ?

3 different eurovoxs i have updated in the greenock area........ with a power scan. not one of them has channel5

deedie said:
3 different eurovoxs i have updated in the greenock area........ with a power scan. not one of them has channel5

look mate, your in greenock and iam in glasgow, we'r pretty close to each other so iam 99% sure channel 5 will be on the same frequency, input it manually, the frequency is 443.000mhz and the symbol rate is 6.887, let me know how you get on, we will get you sorted one way or the other :Cheers:

cheers

i will give this ago...... see what happens

i will let u know

thomson cheers

that worked a treat

will have to go do my mums now........ so she can watch home and away again

thanks again

Back