eurovox max problem

shawsy

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone help i have a eurovox max box i was away working from april until now but when i switched my box on the only thing i am getting is PEAA on the box and nothing else can anyone please help me

Sounds like it has corrupted when Vermin knocked off all boxes...... Have you tried the reset button on the PCB??
TBH sounds like it needs J-Tagging

best to try sending the f/w again this time send it with the box off at the plug and when its sending turn back on at the plug .. had that a few times and then clear the bad image

thanks very much marty for your help the reset button worked but i am not very bright when it comes to electronics but what is j-tagging if you dont min d me asking and thanks again for your help

thanks smirnoff_rules but but do you mean by send the f/w again i might sound stupid here but f/w is that firm ware and if so how do i do this or were can i find out how to do this thanks

thanks very much marty for your help the reset button worked but i am not very bright when it comes to electronics but what is j-tagging if you dont min d me asking and thanks again for your help

Glad to be of help.... J-tagging is needed when a box stops working - re-flashing firmware should work but on some occasions the chipset can be corrupt, even a surge of power could cause it. J-tagging is a way of reflashing the chip..
I don't want to go into too much detail as still unsure what is allowed since this section has reopened but i'm sure if you google it or search on you tube there are people who show how it is done

thanks again marty for your pointers on where to find out about jtagging it was very helpful

Back