Eurovox Max Firmware Advice Please..!

misterbee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know if you can use the very latest firmware update (as used on the new chipset boxes since Sept last year) on the first maxes out earl last year at all?

My max has the latest one July 06 (I think) that sorts the epg and gives you 8 favs, and was wondering if this new 'all version' firmware is ok to use and if so, what are the added benefits (if any)? Also, could it be re-flased with older firmware if I dont like it?

Any advice and help on this would be appreciated as I'm pondering whether it has any benefits.

Many Thanks...........:Cheers:

yep u can use the flash

dont know about the benefits like

and u can restore to ur old 1 too

dont hurt to experiment m8

yep u can use the flash

dont know about the benefits like

and u can restore to ur old 1 too

dont hurt to experiment m8

Thanx for you reply fes_786, I will hang on a while longer to see if anyone else can advise on the benefit side of the f/w and if any different before I start playing. Glad to see I can restore tho' cheers m8.

Thanx for you reply fes_786, I will hang on a while longer to see if anyone else can advise on the benefit side of the f/w and if any different before I start playing. Glad to see I can restore tho' cheers m8.

the firmaware benefits will be stuff to do with the processor better performance .etc

and mostly for gettin better EPG and smooth key changing

or it will have the atest keyrolls implimented

nothing much

just go for the latest image and u should be fine

Thanx fes_786,

I have the firmware version as of september 2006, would this be the latest one to use?

Ready and poised (well almost!) to upgrade f/w... thnx

its alwyas just little tweaks, hardly every big changes...

There was new f/w released in feb 2007. This improved the EPG and also fixed some problems whereby the box either turned green or pink. there are two version of the f/w generally referred to as the blue box and the red box. These relate to Eurovox 3 and depends on whether they came in the blue cardboard box or the red cardboard box. The redbox Eurovox is the latest Eurovox box and you have to be careful you do not use the wrong f/w on the wrong box.

Back