Eurovox Max Blue - Fix for updating code?

leehiniho

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys

had my max for 2 years with no probs and now its askin for new keys everyday grrrrrrrrrrrr; even the wife is giving me hassle about it, for some reason she gets a mental block when she has to input new keys!

I've got bigmaqs toolbar but is there a fix to sort this out?

If so, where and how do i install it?

If there is anyone in Manchester thats willing to help out i'd be grateful

cheers

hi guys

had my max for 2 years with no probs and now its askin for new keys everyday grrrrrrrrrrrr; even the wife is giving me hassle about it, for some reason she gets a mental block when she has to input new keys!

I've got bigmaqs toolbar but is there a fix to sort this out?

If so, where and how do i install it?

If there is anyone in Manchester thats willing to help out i'd be grateful

cheers

Its on the toolbar m8. Use blue box software dated 21/4/2008.

cheers mate, got it!

Question is, how the fook do i install it????

Got the null modem cable that came with box

connect the box to pc with the null modem cable usin the rs232 ports

open the firmware/loader and hit the download button,takes about 3 mins

were about in manchester are you?

thanks ronster, just noticed that my laptop aint got the right port so i'll have to do it on someone elses pc!

Does the power need to be on the box?

I live in south manchester, not far from stretford; You?

opposite side of town to you m8 moston so a bit too far to travel

box needs power to it but dosnt matter if its in standby

you can get a usb-rs232 converter cable to attach the null modem cable too,but their a bit hit and miss, alot of peeps have problems with them.Best using an older pc as the more modern ones dont have an rs232 port either

I work in Newton Heath m8 so that's not far; i you could sort it i don't mind bangin you a tenner for your trouble?

No worries if not, i'm sure i can get it sorted on someones pc

Let me know

I know, just worried i'll fook it up!

Thanks for the cable link, i might give it a try? watch this space lol

easy m8 .. we will help u out m8 no problem . its a great feeling when the channels pop up and if theres another hit your one step ahead

You wont mate, i did mine by meself and i done it right first time, i even edited my channel list on my computer then downloaded it back to the box

Hi Guys

Done the download and all looked good until i turned the box back on and the panel shows 0000!

All channels have gone so trying a power scan; is this normal?????????????????

u will have to scan . u should of saved your channels but to late now

the bottom download button and save as old (then click download at the top and install new software) and then upload and find the file old and it transfers to the box

Last edited:
Cheers m8, i'll remember for next time.

It's still power scanning at the mo so i'll probably be up all night putting the channels in order LOL

Big thanks to you guys on ere; wouldn't of got it sorted without ya!

All sorted Smirnoff! The new firmware is defo better that the orignal gear that was on there; jeeeezzz i can even see whats on next on the info bar (ain't it a shame how things like that can get me excited; saddo lol)

Thanks again M8

Back