GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking at the system information from a Eurovox MAX I see:

Model: DVB-XC Box
S/W: 1.0 SSC4 Jan 25 2007
H/W: 2.0 Jan 25 2007
Bootstrap: v002

Am I right in thinking that this is the latest box available (2007 red box)?

Is there a later software version available for this box, assuming that the date in the software line above relates to a software version?

Also, is there a guide for using DnUpMan v3.0? If I attempt updating firmware then I'd like to be sure i'm doing it right.
Is there a way to backup your existing firmware so you have something to go back to?

Many thanks in advance.

[EDIT] Just tried 'EUROVOX_MAX_RED_BOX_19_02_07' with DnUpMan v3.0, assume this is the latest firmware available?
I got the error - 'This firmware is not fit for your receiver'.

Should I be using DnUpMan or Voxer?

Any idea's?

[ANOTHER EDIT!!]

Tried the above firmware 'EUROVOX_MAX_RED_BOX_19_02_07' with Voxer, this time it uploaded fine (why the hell do they call it download!!) but the S/W date on my Max still says Jan 25 2007. Does this not relate to the firmware date?

Last edited:
Wow!! Thanks very much, very informative and really appreciated.

One question I'd still like an answer to is how do you tell if you have a 2006 or a 2007 box? Assumption being its easy to place a unit in either a blue or red box.

Wow!! Thanks very much, very informative and really appreciated.

One question I'd still like an answer to is how do you tell if you have a 2006 or a 2007 box? Assumption being its easy to place a unit in either a blue or red box.

I don't think there has been any changes to the receiver itself except a tuner upgrade to stop freezing and stuttering. The only way I know of knowing for sure what version you have, if you flash the 2007 software on the 2006 receiver, it won't allow you do a scan and vice versa. I don't have the new version so, I can't confirm if this is true. I've only read what some other member has said.

Cheers.

I received a unit today which came in a red box, it was advertised as a Feb 2007 unit. The serial number didn't match though was only one digit out (last number).
Its very likely that it is a 2007 unit and the seller had a couple out for flashing and just placed them back into the wrong boxes.

Cheers.

I received a unit today which came in a red box, it was advertised as a Feb 2007 unit. The serial number didn't match though was only one digit out (last number).
Its very likely that it is a 2007 unit and the seller had a couple out for flashing and just placed them back into the wrong boxes.

It would have been useful if they have written the version on the box then that way there wouldn't be any confusion and people won't get ripped off. I can see some ebay seller doing this, if they haven't sold the old version boxes already as everyone would be after the newer version.

The fact the serial number was only one digit out makes it more likely he bought a bulk of red boxes and mixed a couple up. Well, thats what I'm telling myself!

If you look down through the top grill on the box the old tuner measures 12 slots of the grill the new 1 only measures 8.

If you look down through the top grill on the box the old tuner measures 12 slots of the grill the new 1 only measures 8.

Excellent, the tuner in mine measures 8 slots so going by this its definitely a 2007 model.

Back