eurovox ex1100

I got the ex1100 usb and its brill thanks for the link guys p3pcy.
Got it cheap at [removed by hackmax] Eurovox Digivox Starview Cable Boxes - FREE DELIVERY

if anyone interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to have stopped now took out scart ,cleaned it made sure prop inserted.

Hi all,
I am looking at getting an ex1100 pvr this weekend to replace my D500C. Fed up with the picture breakup problems I've been having with the 500C. Tried lots of things to try to cure it but getting nowhere. Just wondering if the ex1100 suffers from the same signal strength issues as the 500c or if its alot more stable.

Regards

Ian

Hi all,
I am looking at getting an ex1100 pvr this weekend to replace my D500C. Fed up with the picture breakup problems I've been having with the 500C. Tried lots of things to try to cure it but getting nowhere. Just wondering if the ex1100 suffers from the same signal strength issues as the 500c or if its alot more stable.

Regards

Ian

Much better tuner IMO.

did your DM500c have a screw tuner?

No screw tuner that I can find.
Does the ex1100 pick up the VM channels?

Ian

This is the 2nd file I tried,it worked a treat. Thanks very much.

I've installed the latest beta firmware for the EX1100 & loaded my channel list but all the channels are normal unlike before some of the channels had the "$" next to them & my Sky sports 1 is scrambled...Any Ideas?

I've installed the latest beta firmware for the EX1100 & loaded my channel list but all the channels are normal unlike before some of the channels had the "$" next to them & my Sky sports 1 is scrambled...Any Ideas?

weird question for you Adzz, do you leave in Exeter? worked at euro car parts? if not...apologies!

The file u put on ur usb must be named EX1100USB_SEP01.abs

once u have extracted it to

EX1100USB_SEP01.abs

Put the firmware on the USB stick and put it in the receiver.
Press>Menu>tools>Upgrade by USB,Upgrade file- highlight EX1100USB_SEP01.abs Upgrade mode-S/W
and press RED button to flash and OK to confirm.The box reboot after flash then just do a power scan...

Last edited:
hey i was wondering if someone can help.
i downloaded the firmware update, put it on a pen drive and followed the instructions to a T. went to Power Scan and ran it twice but came up with no results. So I think the Firmware has been updated but now I have no channels!

Does anybody know what I did wrong?

[EDIT]I'm currently running a deep scan at 51% so far but still no results....

Last edited:
Extract the file from the winrar which should be EX1100USB_SEP01.abs on to the usb

To put the firmware on,stick the usb into the box and Press>Menu>tools>Upgrade by USB,highlight EX1100USB_SEP01.abs
and press RED button to flash,once flash done just do a scan and thats it.

got to upgrade by usb page
then below that is upgrade file------------no file
upgrade mode --------s/w

and when i press the red button nothin happens

Did you extract the file and is it showing in the usb as EX1100USB_SEP01.abs.Make sure its not saved in a folder.

Back