EuroVox Blue flash failed

utukku

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorry to post my very first post in here! but i'm desperate :)

just tried to flash a EuroVox Blue, got the null modem cable etc all connected up. The computer saw the box on com 4 and started to download, but seemed to get stuck at 3%. So after around 20mins stuck at 3% I turned the box off.

I have reset it to factory defaults, but now when I run the unified loader, it just keeps switching from com1 to com4, if I click start, it says waiting for a response from the receiver... and that's it. What do I need to do now to get it back?

Utukku

turn off at the plug and then press download then switch back on at the plug as its sending the software

its not having any of that m8, still just sits there switching between com1 & com4

just sounds like the box is locked . u have rebooted the pc just in case the pc need to find the com port again , if l get a box thats locked if l switch on and off at the plug a few times it always seems to find it

u say the u reset the box to default ? is the max still working then ?

I left the box for an hour or so and came back, rebooted the comp. ran the software (UFL MAX Blue 21-04-08 then powered up the box, and it detected it straight away, I clicked start and it started to download. The screen on the box is flashing DNLD and the software says sending.. but its stuck at 3% again :(.

Utukku

its a null cable u have and not a serial one isnt it ?

yep, I bought the null modem cable and usb to RS232 dongle as a kit.
I've reconnected the box to the tv and done a powerscan again and I have everything back!

Utukku

i gotta do mine yet so dont take this as god but i had a usb null cable and tryed the same whatever i did wouldnt work now gt a propper null modem cable not usb from Map!*n i hope well i know this should now work prb was through usb mine was finding all kinds of com ports etc hope this helps
lynda

cloned software

this might not be right for you but had the same problem with my update sticking..
turned out that some twat had put the cloned software on first so when i down a update with the real software for my blue box it didn't like it :(

is the box a clone do u no or is it an orignal...

some of the box are locked m8 so when you try and flash it does nothing they have to be tgag i think they call it....

help![/MAD]got a euro-vox max when i try to download its jumping from com1 to com3!i have a usb to serial cable.guy in maplins recommended it.i have rescanned and lost half my channels.plz help.

Have you tried a rs232 lead straight from the back of your computer thats all i use & have never had that problem & have flashed a few hundred in my time
id guess its the usb lead thats the problem its probably sending the program too slow for the box
im only guessing because ive never had that problem connecting the lead to the proper port
hope this helps
neil

the best way is to jtag it... a wonder ful help site starviewrepair dot co dot uk

Back