Hejira

Inactive User
Reaction score
Eurosport HD 13E
11278V
2/3

Currently fta
Showing the French Open

I can't check this I don't have a motorized system, but It's looking like I'm gonna be getting one if this is true n staying FTA!

it is fta m8 :)
- video quality kinda shite though--1920x1088 bitrate only 11 Mbit/sec,
5.1 audio

hahaha its hardly HD then is it?? lmfao
What a strange reply.
Resolution of 1920x1080 is HD, Mpeg4 bitrate can be around half of mpeg2 bitrate, so I wonder what makes you consider these figures above as anything other than High Definition?

Anyway, this HD broadcast is part of the Cyfra package and only currently at testing stage. At some point it is likely to become scrambled rather than free-to-air, but lets hope it stays free.

sorry, I got confused there! I was confused by the statement that it was shit video quality and thought it was strange to call a channel HD if it is shit video quality!

My extreme lack of knowledge shining through once again!!
Sorry.

Ah its ok no problem, i just thought i missed something funny :). As for poor quality, I am sure it is likely that lots of content will be upscaled at Eurosport end before broadcasting. This seems to be normal for many HD channels due to a lack of HD programming/filming to fill the day. It seems a bit of a con but this has been common with all broadcasters, even sky. At least its a step in the right direction and more true HD content will soon follow once channels are in place.

Back