EuroMillions UK prize payout changes

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've received email from Scamelot. I'll be honest, I don't fully understand it but it sounds like I should be pissed.

I think it's saying everything is going to stay the same but the prize fund for the lower ranked payouts after the jackpot is going down so they can give more to charity?! Is that right?

They almost killed it for me when the price went up, but the lower prize funds have always been a joke already in comparison to the jackpot. I know it's an idiot tax but deperation and hope are one of the few things I have left to cling to.

If my odds of winning stay the same but I'm going to match a shitload of number to win only a grand then what's the point?

EuroMillions UK Millionaire Maker
Each time you play a National Lottery game you help National Lottery supported Good Cause projects. The total amount of money delivered to these projects depends on a number of variable factors, including the proportion of ticket sales that is made available to pay out prizes before proceeds are passed on to Good Causes.
With the agreement of the Gambling Commission, we may decide to change the prize payout for National Lottery games from time to time. This means we can always ensure an appropriate balance between prizes and funding for National Lottery Good Cause projects.
For every £2.50 EuroMillions line you play, 85p is allocated to the UK Millionaire Maker game. A percentage of the total value of UK Millionaire Maker entries is then made available to pay the game’s prizes.
From 14 July 2019, the percentage available to pay prizes for the UK Millionaire Maker game will change from 42% (of the 85p per £2.50 line that goes towards the UK Millionaire Maker game) to 30%.
What does this mean to EuroMillions and UK Millionaire Maker players?
You will see no difference in either prize levels or the odds of winning a prize on either the main EuroMillions game or the UK Millionaire Maker game. The prize payout on the main EuroMillions game is staying at 50% of tickets sales, meaning there will be no effect on the huge EuroMillions jackpots on offer.
However, by slightly altering the proportion of ticket sales used to pay prizes in just the UK Millionaire Maker game, we will be able to give more money to National Lottery supported Good Cause projects while maintaining the prizes available to be won by players at their current levels.There will still be guaranteed millionaire prizes every Tuesday and Friday in the UK Millionaire Maker game, as well as events offering multiple £1 million prizes.

Yes, the wording is very well chosen. You are right, its the lower prizes that will be suffering!

"However, by slightly altering the proportion of ticket sales used to pay prizes in just the UK Millionaire Maker game, we will be able to give more money to National Lottery supported Good Cause projects while maintaining the prizes available to be won by players at their current levels"

How can a drop from 42% to 30% be classed as a slight alteration?

The way the prizes are dished out on lottery are a joke. Who tf wants to win £2.80 or £4.30. Its should be about winning a prize that's actually a gee up even if its £100 for a night out, a decent meal, a night hotel break or buy something you've been replacing..
For me do away with the stupid lower draws and up the 3 number prizes and 4.

I once won a free draw ticket that won a free draw ticket. So I won twice and won f×ck all
And someone's getting a huge pay packet to think that out, sack the nob

You won the opportunity to win again ;)

I took my "opportunity" winnings to my local Asda only to be told that they only accept cards and cash.

It's like euro coins you bring back off hols, you cant do shag all with it bar give it back to were you got it from

I have won a number of free tickets and only 2 weeks ago i had 3 numbers omg and surprised at only expecting around 30 quid it was about 94 quid with the national lottery.
Euromillions on a + plus ticket E1200 :eek: 🙈brown trousers and luckily local shop where ticket was bought cashed it for me.😄

I had 5 numbers on the lottery back in 2012/13 before they changed it to more numbers etc, I think the odds of getting 5 were something like 100 000 - 1 I won £256 or thereabouts due to there being loads of £10 ers won.

Attachments

• lottery.bmp.jpg
    lottery.bmp.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 4
Bastards only got E18 but better than nothing,and a E5 on another irish ticket o_O

Back