Eurofighter 'fully combat ready'

thought F22 was in Die Hard 4 and it showed VTOL characteristics????.

It was an F35B that was shown in Die Hard 4 :)

The first major film appearance of a representation of a F-35B was in Live Free or Die Hard (released as Die Hard 4.0 or Die Hard 4 outside North America) in 2007. The film used a combination of a full-scale model and CGI[97][98] to dramatize its hovering ability using the lift fan.

ahhhh, too early in the morning.

the STOVL feature is probably why we want it for our carriers then. Looks like (if we get it) that it will be a punchy little plane when it comes into service.

to reiterate my point ll the way i would say the typhoon is way outdated. UCAV's all the way, like the X47.

to reiterate my point ll the way i would say the typhoon is way outdated. UCAV's all the way, like the X47.

How can the Typhoon (Fighter Jet) be outdated by a UCAV (Bomber)?

You have to fight to get air superiortiy before you can even think about launching a UCAV? They would get picked off like sitting ducks before they reached their primary target?

The name Typhoon is just a designation for a fighter - for instance the RAF call Eurofighters Typhoons.

I think the articles above make the point that the Eurofighter was designed as an air superiority fighter, but the RAF have taken steps to adapt it for ground attack etc.

How can the Typhoon (Fighter Jet) be outdated by a UCAV (Bomber)?

You have to fight to get air superiortiy before you can even think about launching a UCAV? They would get picked off like sitting ducks before they reached their primary target?

how? the latest incarnations have the latest stealth tech and can carry a multitude of payloads

fit it with a x34 scramjet and it could out run anything (inc missiles)

lol, and who is going to be paying for all that?

What we need, and have needed for about 20 years, is a dependable fighter. We dont need the worlds fastest fighter, or a stealth fighter. We just need something in the air that will last and will support the troops. Unfortunately, the RAF doesnt have the many varied types of fighter that the USAF is lucky to own.

how? the latest incarnations have the latest stealth tech and can carry a multitude of payloads

fit it with a x34 scramjet and it could out run anything (inc missiles)

There only one X34 and that's a demonstrator? The program was scrapped in 2001. Actually it only flew three times between 1999 and 2001

I don't think they will ever use UCAV without human input during flight. If ground forces were making headway on a target after a UCAV was lauched, they would have to stand ground until the UCAV had fired upon the target as there would be no way to redirect the UCAV as it is programmed to do a nuumber of jobs that cannot be changed. This would give the enemy time to rethink their strategy and re-contact.

Drones survey target area's today the allow manned aircraft to respond immediatley with an airstrike.

I would imagine this is much quicker than having to program a UCAV then lauch it to strike?

That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
he didn't.

quote=to repeat a brief passage or excerpt from And name the source.
fine, in that case dont misrepresent. In this instance he mis-represented the content of the article to back up his point without first allowing others to form an opinion based on it entirely.

fine, in that case dont misrepresent. In this instance he mis-represented the content of the article to back up his point without first allowing others to form an opinion based on it entirely.

Bollocks, the link was there for others to read, how the **** do I know who and who hasn't read it before giving my opinion

There only one X34 and that's a demonstrator? The program was scrapped in 2001. Actually it only flew three times between 1999 and 2001

I don't think they will ever use UCAV without human input during flight. If ground forces were making headway on a target after a UCAV was lauched, they would have to stand ground until the UCAV had fired upon the target as there would be no way to redirect the UCAV as it is programmed to do a nuumber of jobs that cannot be changed. This would give the enemy time to rethink their strategy and re-contact.

Drones survey target area's today the allow manned aircraft to respond immediatley with an airstrike.

I would imagine this is much quicker than having to program a UCAV then lauch it to strike?

That's just my opinion though.

you really think that the military would let NASA stop researching on scramjet tech? it reached MACH 6.8 could of gone to 10 theoretically. I do not think a human could react or survive in a plane that fast.

Warp speed Mr Sulu!

mind you, you would have to nhave scramjet missiles since otherwise would be slower than the plane!

Last edited:
you really think that the military would let NASA stop researching on scramjet tech? it reached MACH 6.8 could of gone to 10 theoretically. I do not think a human could react or survive in a plane that fast.

Warp speed Mr Sulu!

mind you, you would have to nhave scramjet missiles since otherwise would be slower than the plane!

That was the X43A that hit MACH 6.8 and it held it for all of 11 seconds. It did reach MACH 9.6 later though.

Anyway,

A) It's progammed so is it going to hit it's primary target travelling at 6,800Mph - Probably not!

B) Are they designed for military use - No

C) Was the initial debate about the X34 or X43A - No, It was about the UCAV

D) Will the UCAV ever be used in combat without human Controllers - No, The Geneva Convention and other and other laws of war say so.

E) Do we need manned aircraft to protect our skies - Yes

Hypersonic planes are one of the key things needed for a sub-orbital vehicle are they not? I would imagine if it can be achieved, then it would be for this end, not so much for out running missiles etc.

no i think ur upset because he used your own link to prove you wrong :)

prove me wrong how?

maybe not YOU but your source .. which really means YOU too, as this is ur source of all the information you believe on this subject (apparently).

this is the problem with Wikipedia, they say two things at once without moderation. another word for this is disinformation, which is why i wouldn't quote it on anything. except maybe the ingredients of bread or a banana split. LOL :banana:

I have spoken. Read my words ;)

Back