Euro 2008 Final on the BBC

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ITV will not be showing Sunday's Euro 2008 Final after the commercial broadcaster decided it did not want to risk the humiliation of audiences opting to watch the match on the BBC.

The last time the two went head-to-head - for the 2006 World Cup Final between Italy and France - nearly five times as many viewers chose the BBC.

An audience of 13.9million watched the 2006 World Cup Final on the BBC, and only 2.9million on ITV. Greece's surprise win over Portugal at Euro 2004 produced a similar result: 10.8million tuning in to BBC; 3.4million watching on ITV.

BBC's coverage will also be the last time that John Motson, the veteran commentator, takes the lead on a match after 29 years as the lead commentator for finals.

I actually like ITV, the commentary is great, but many people prefer to watch it without the adverts. No one likes adverts, or do they?

As for John Motson, he's provided extraordinary commentary for his time, and I wish him best for the future!

On Sunday evening when BBC will be showing the 2008 Euro Cup Final ITV will be showing .................................THE ROYAL
I thought that would grab your attention. Will anyone be watching it?

I always choose BBC...adverts piss me off plus BBC always has better panel and commentators

On Sunday evening when BBC will be showing the 2008 Euro Cup Final ITV will be showing .................................THE ROYAL
I thought that would grab your attention. Will anyone be watching it?

What the hell is 'The Royal'?

Is it good, a TV show?

What the hell is 'The Royal'?

Is it good, a TV show?
Its a spin off from Heartbeat, if you can beleive that.

Its about some wierd hospital in the middle of nowhere set in the 60's or something. Harldy ER, but old people love it.

I prefer the bbc aswell just because you dont get adverts at every possible opportunity

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

me? I watch BBC as I cannot stand ITV pundits, mind you can't stand BBC's either but they're the best of a bad bunch.

BBC's coverage will also be the last time that John Motson, the veteran commentator, takes the lead on a match after 29 years as the lead commentator for finals

Anyone know whos replacing Motty as the new main commentator then? Is it Jonathan Pierce?

LoL typical...ITV drop out to give BBC the finals and BBC have technical difficulties...fackin hell

Back