Euro 08...what happens if.....

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
The Holland group.

France 1 point goal average -3 (scored 1 conceded 4)
Italy 1 point goal average -3 (scored 1 conceded 4)
Romania 2 points goal average 0 (scored 1 conceded 1)

So what happens if France and Italy draw 0-0 and Romania get beat 3-0.

They will all have 2 points and goal average of -3 (scored the same and conceded the same) and their head to head matches were all draws.

Depends who slips the officails the biggest backhander it is France and Italy so they know how to go about it.

or France go through alphabetical order.

but hope Romania go through cause the other bastwards put Scotland out and we beat france and Italy bunged a Linesman

we should be there instead of france we beat them home and away

but oh well while they are all fighting to see who goes through UEFA will sneak us through and we will win the comp

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Bunch of comedians you lot are. We should go thru as we beat Spain and Sweden and hd the leading goalscorer...:proud:

Found the answer.

Group C (Tuesday)
Netherlands (6, winners) v Romania (2), France (1) v Italy (1)

Again, top spot is decided in favour of the Netherlands, and second-placed Romania will join the Dutch in the quarter-finals by winning their encounter in Berne. If Romania draw or lose then that would allow either France or Italy to go through by winning their match in Zurich – the only way Les Bleus can progress. If Romania lose and the others play out a score draw, Italy would go through in a three-way head-to-head tie on two points as they would have scored more goals in the games involving France and Romania.
If Romania fall by one goal, two goals or by a three-goal margin other than 3-0 and the other match finishes 0-0, Romania would advance as their head-to-head record with Italy would be dead level but they would have a superior overall goal difference (or in the case of the three-goal defeats, goals scored). If Romania lose by four goals or more and the other game ends 0-0, Italy would proceed with a better overall goal difference than Romania. If Romania lose 3-0 and the other match finishes 0-0, Italy and Romania would have to be split on qualifying coefficients, in which case Italy would prevail 2.364-2.250.

tbh guys I think Romania will beat Holland, because Holland have already won the group they will field a second string team like Portugal did last night, this means that both Italy and France would be effectivley knocked out, Holland could potetntially meet either France or italy again in the semis if results went according to plan and the itlalians tend to get better as a tournament progresses so my money is on a Romania win because Holland would prefer it that way!

tbh guys I think Romania will beat Holland, because Holland have already won the group they will field a second string team like Portugal did last night, this means that both Italy and France would be effectivley knocked out, Holland could potetntially meet either France or italy again in the semis if results went according to plan and the itlalians tend to get better as a tournament progresses so my money is on a Romania win because Holland would prefer it that way!

Totally agree! although they wont lie down to the Romanians? and I don't think they'll rest as many as Portugal (8)? Sneijder & Van Brockhust should be rested?

Players that have scored don't like to be left out though as the golden boot is up for grabs :)

very true mate....just looked at odds 23-10 Holland win 11-10 Romania win...speaks volumes

Just had a punt on Austria tonight 10-1 at home worth a daft fiver

Back