eSATA

ScarecrowDR

Inactive User
Reaction score
I put my 500GB External HDD onto e-Sata other night..(first time) I ticked the "Optomize for Quick Removal" (that enables me to just switch it off whenever I like) On Re-Start it Changed to "Optomize for Performance" and ALL is Ghosted out so I can't change anything....Any Ideas as to why it should do this....XP Pro is the OS..

I also went into BIOS and changed to AHCI for E-Sata...How do I find out if my SATA drives are running as SATA I or SATA-II (1.5 or 3.00)..Been looking throughout my PC but can't find...
THANKS.

Mmmmmm! Strange! Very Strange! this is Third Forum i've put this Question in n NO one has an Answer.
Gos to Prove that No one uses eSATA or they Don't know NOWT about it....

Mmmmmm! Strange! Very Strange! this is Third Forum i've put this Question in n NO one has an Answer.
or it could be that the title of this thread is so vague no one is interested. However...

Does your OS have all the latest updates installed? Did this problem occur after you changed the settings in BIOS? As far as I know with eSATA, it doesnt behave like a USB device at all.

The easiest way to find out if the drive is SATA1.5 or 3.0 is to look the model number up on the internet, and to check your mother board spec to see what your eSATA port supports.

e-sata refers only to a special connector that is used for external sata drives, not the drive itself, which is either sata 1.5 or 3.0, with 6.0 planned for future use.

e-sata refers only to a special connector that is used for external sata drives, not the drive itself, which is either sata 1.5 or 3.0, with 6.0 planned for future use.

ITA, eSata is only a standard for connectors and cable and a slight change in the power levels of the signal, nothing to do with the controller.

Hot swap is in the standard sata specification though it is up to the vendor to insure it is impleted, I have not come across any integrated controllers that do not support it.

As for what standard you controller and disk supports, check the manual else check the vendors website.

ITA, eSata is only a standard for connectors and cable and a slight change in the power levels of the signal, nothing to do with the controller.

Hot swap is in the standard sata specification though it is up to the vendor to insure it is impleted, I have not come across any integrated controllers that do not support it.

As for what standard you controller and disk supports, check the manual else check the vendors website.

Thanks for that info oneman but as my post reflected thta's what I was getting at as I stated it refers to the connector.

My Mobo supports Both--Sata 1.5Gb & Sata 3.00Gb..
It is supposed to be Plug n Play..That means If I tick the Box "Optomize for Quick Removal" then that Box should Remain TICKED...It Did Not! That's what worried me....It Works perfectly but don't know if it's running at Sata 1.5GB or 3.00GB...I switch it off at plug when i've finished with it..n YES--eSata is (External Sata) I know that..

All updates done...Not Updated Bios--Still on a BETA 007 as it works Great..Others out there updated theirs to 08/09/10/11/12 n they still haveing probs..They Withdrew the Beta long ago..
Mobo is a M2N-SLI Deluxe....

Still, if it keeps Working OK, I no need to Worry...Don't look no faster than Internal SATA or IDE..Am I missing something!! ?

Back