error no channels found

sproot

Inactive User
Reaction score
hope someonecan help.
got a nokia dbox2 that will not work?
reflashed after the problems from last week..
but the box takes the new image nextgen 19.11.2005/
i have fixed 5 boxes no probs with this image,but 1 box will not work
keep getting error no channels found,put the proper service files in
still no luck,could it be the tuner?
was giving me non subscription channels before i flashed it,tryed reflashing loads of times still nothing.
anyone any ideas
cheers sproot

hi could be but have you tried the scanning on that box

cheers

scanning

yes m8 tryed everything,the thing is i was getting some channels before i flashed it,now it just says the same thing waiting,then error no channels found,scanning does not help,i think it could be the image somehow,as i said 6 boxes 5 worked no probs just this one?

so have you still got that image that was working on it then retry that one then you will know if its your tuner

cheers

yes tryed that pit in loads of diff ones ,same thing everytime,the thing is it was working before i flashed ,can flashing knack the tuner?
could there be some settings im missing?
appreciate ur help,if the tuners gone is the box knacked
cheers

Can I PLEASE suggest that you try my EnigmaX image.... apparently enigma images are very good at repairing boxes with the exact problems you seem to be experiencing.

Once you flash my image to the box then do a new scan and see what happens.
Let me know how it goes.

Liam.

new image

hi liam
yes tryed your image also,but will try it again,its as if the box doesnt see any channels,weirdest thing,really doing my head in now
cheers m8

I have one that has come from germany today (Nokia), unpacked it plugged it in done a channel scan nothing dident even pick up any transponders, I have tried the sportster image and gaves next gen and nothing, tried ftp my services over and nothing.

Looks like the tuner has gone.

Expensive £109 for a useless box

Fermec

enigmax

hi liam
tryed your image m8
nothing a box came up saying switch-service could not be found??
any ideas,fermec send it back they should replace it

try copying the ucodes across

Hi,
I have had this problem and found that if I copy the ucodes across from a working image onto a box that does not work it sometimes brings the channels up.
Anyway it is just a thought,

All the best

Sparks

ucodes

ok m8 will give it a go
im finding this so weird,and had a nightmare weekend last thing i need on a monday lol

nothing

still no channels found ,anyone else any ideas how to sort this ,if at all possible?
cheers

hi,
i had same problem ie no channels found after i scanned. done another scan with diff cable provider ie cableuk 69?? opposed to cableuk 78??. and found stacks of tsp.

ok if you are saying that the image with the channels that was working that had the services.xml and boquets.xml and this is not working either and you have tried other images and still no channels

then i would say that your tuner have died m8

especially if your original image is not working unless your not flashing it right but if the flashing is complete and no errors then must be a tuner prob

new developments

hi gav
newdevelopments,i unplugged my box with the new image and service files.
upstairs at my comp i get nothing but error no channels found,now iv done about 6 boxes up here no probs,plugged an other box in it fires away fine,anyway took the faulty box downstairs to try it in my lounge and i now get
some channels but they freeze and make weird noises,but i am getting some channels no probs tried 2 diff images same thing,so i take it its not the tuner??
any ideas

sproot said:
hi gav
newdevelopments,i unplugged my box with the new image and service files.
upstairs at my comp i get nothing but error no channels found,now iv done about 6 boxes up here no probs,plugged an other box in it fires away fine,anyway took the faulty box downstairs to try it in my lounge and i now get
some channels but they freeze and make weird noises,but i am getting some channels no probs tried 2 diff images same thing,so i take it its not the tuner??
any ideas

Signal problem or tempermental box?

liam

anyway to fix this liam
at least im now getting some channels it was fine before i started flashing it??

signal

ok checked ber on faulty box. readings were ber 26214,snr 62000, sig 41630...
on working box readings were . ber 50, snr 62000, sig 41630
anyone any ideas??

snr

hi gav read the posdt but it does not help.snr 56000 not too bad still freezingchannels,taken out modem no diff,other boxes work fine but diff readings,would a booster help with this box,the tuner seems to work??
or is there diff settings or images that might be better??
cheers

Back