Error loading operating system

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys..got a laptop that's been giving me probs..tring to re-format..XP disc in Drive..set Boot order in Bios and I'm getting the above.

any ideas please?

cheers

thanks for replying.

The disc is ok cos I've used it many times. Sometimes I get the 'Press any key...' thing but others I go straight ti 'Error Loading...'

I can still get to the Boot preferance nenu to set it to disc drive.

cheers

Boot select

Do you have any USB devices attached .... that can upset the boot order.

If you hold down F12 during boot that will normally allow you to manually select the CD. If you are still getting the error it sounds like something has gone wrong with your install CD.

could be your optical drive not reading the disc properly its a common fault with lasers in cd drives in laptops try burning a fresh disk, if you have used the disc many times before it probably has a few scratches on it hence the fact your cd drive cannot read it, also try using a cotton bud to clean the eye of your lense BUT BE CAREFUL WITH IT BE VERY GENTLE!!

could be your optical drive not reading the disc properly its a common fault with lasers in cd drives in laptops try burning a fresh disk, if you have used the disc many times before it probably has a few scratches on it hence the fact your cd drive cannot read it, also try using a cotton bud to clean the eye of your lense BUT BE CAREFUL WITH IT BE VERY GENTLE!!

i agree, mostly the part of the cd being bad, just really depends on the two things the sensivity of the laser secondly the quality or condtion of the disc.In either case just burning a fresh copy should do it.

happened to me a couple of times trying to install xp with a disc that i had used a few times,same thing happened "Error loading operating system"

made another xp disc and problem solved :Clap:

try going to bootdisk . com there is a xp boot setup disk program u run it and it copies files to 6 floppy disks bang them in one at a time then you load off the cd give it a blast

Back