Error 21

RagTop

New Member ++
Reaction score
A mate at work has asked me to look at a sick xbox.
It comes up with error 21 after booting. It won't boot from a game. error 21 again.
The description of error 21 is a bit vague. It's basically an "unspecified error".

The box doesn't look as if it's been opened, but I think that it was once softmodded.

I was planning to open it up, pop the chip in from my own xbox then softmod it again, provided the disk is still alive.
Does that sound reasonable or am I wasting my time ?

Thanks

A mate at work has asked me to look at a sick xbox.
It comes up with error 21 after booting. It won't boot from a game. error 21 again.
The description of error 21 is a bit vague. It's basically an "unspecified error".

The box doesn't look as if it's been opened, but I think that it was once softmodded.

I was planning to open it up, pop the chip in from my own xbox then softmod it again, provided the disk is still alive.
Does that sound reasonable or am I wasting my time ?

Thanks
no m8 your not wasting time in doing it.....install the chip executer 2.6 ce would be a good chip to have get hold of slayer and format the hard drive all should run smooth ..unless like you say the rom is not reading

taken from another site :Error 21
This occurs frequently when the xbox is unable to boot due to dashboard changes being made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example).

Last edited:
All sorted. Thanks for the encouragement.
I temporarily borrowed the chip from my own xbox. Dropped it in place and it booted straight away.
I then re-did the softmod in my usual way ( UXE using NKPatcher10 and shadowed C drive ) and it's all working fine again.

Back