Erratic ECM times

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys I have an original DM600 PVR.
The HDD is taken out so to not generate that much heat.
I have also installed stands on the bottom so its given about an inch and a half of clearance.
Its been running fine for about 2 year, maybe more. It originally came with a cable tuner but i put a sat tuner for about 18 months, again running fine.

It still is running fine apart from the fact that i just noticed quite erratic ECM times. It used to be fine before. Around the 0.0900 ish, sometimes little higher sometimes even lower but nothing too bad.

Today i noticed some clients 0.3000 going down to 0.0900 again then up to about 0.1000 and so on.
This even included local clients.

This brings me to think that maybe something the matter with the card reader? What speed do these run at?

Also it has been running on the same image for the past 18 months, pli i think. cam is on cccam 2.1.4.

reason why i havent updated anything is that the clients are either local or friends / people who dont know about these boxes.

Any ideas other than a failing card reader or how i can test things?

Oh just to add, there are HD on there.

Edit: Ok been checking for about 15 mins now and some are steady on 0.09 and 0.08 but others are steady on 0.11 and 0.10 (with the odd 0.20 or 0.17's). Reckon this is normal for HD?

Last edited:
Sounds quite normal m8 and as long as its under .500 you shouldnt get any glitches

You reckon it's worth restricting the card to about 350mhz to protect it? I know it's recommended 375. Although I do not know the default for a dm600 and it may be lower anyway.

You reckon it's worth restricting the card to about 350mhz to protect it? I know it's recommended 375. Although I do not know the default for a dm600 and it may be lower anyway.

Unless there is any bad sign of scorching on it then I wouldnt bother,
but if you feel better doing it then fire away m8 although I'm not sure if it would make that much of a difference :)

Back