Err 20

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I did a 4010 with a mosc card for a workmate.He lives about six miles away from me in Coventry.The box works perfectly here but came up with Err 20 at his house. According to what I have read this means that there was a timeout in receiving the nit.
The 4010 is a Davic and should set the network i.d automatically, assuming that his is different to mine. By the way everything I have read states that my network i.d is 00019, whereas the box sets it to 00016 and works flawlessly.
After the error message there was a screen saying that channels were unavailable and to check all cables. Everything was in order. The remote wouldn't operate the box either. My mate has a subbed box so I didn't go into the eng. screen. Anyone have any ideas please?
Regards.............Chookey​

Hi,

Might be worth putting his post code in Here just to check?
Unless you have already then not to sure?

Satch said:
Hi,
Might be worth putting his post code in Here just to check?
Unless you have already then not to sure?
Thanks Satch,
just comes up saying that he is on the Langley platform, same as me.

Are you connecting the box through a splitter? Try it directly on the incoming cable.

Hi All,

@chookey don't really know then M8, what have you tried?
Do you think it may be worth pulling the red jumper if pure nthell?
what do you get without a card in?

Err20 Can't scan for frequency.

Bammy I tried it with and without the splitter, still the same. Satch I never tried pulling the red jumper, too many vodka amd red bulls the night b4. I brought it straight back where it works perfectly.Had I known at the time what error 20 was I would have spent more time on it.
You may have something there Bammy. The short piece of coax from the spltter to the cable feed is a bit narrow and the f connectors don't make a good fit. Tried it without the splitter but I had trouble screwing it up, vodka and red bull. I will try again later this week and let you all know the outcome.
Thanks for your help lads............Chookey​

chookey said:
Hello Everyone,
I did a 4010 with a mosc card for a workmate.He lives about six miles away from me in Coventry.The box works perfectly here but came up with Err 20 at his house. According to what I have read this means that there was a timeout in receiving the nit.
The 4010 is a Davic and should set the network i.d automatically, assuming that his is different to mine. By the way everything I have read states that my network i.d is 00019, whereas the box sets it to 00016 and works flawlessly.
After the error message there was a screen saying that channels were unavailable and to check all cables. Everything was in order. The remote wouldn't operate the box either. My mate has a subbed box so I didn't go into the eng. screen. Anyone have any ideas please?
Regards.............Chookey​
Just thought I would follow up on this one. My workmate has asked me once again if I could supplement his subbed box with a modded one. Found out a while ago that the reason it gave error 20 was that although we are only 6 miles apart and share a CV postcode, there is a difference in frequency. Had I changed the freq from 803 to 811 the net i.d would've set itself from 00016 to 00019 and all would've been cushty.
I was really green when I first posted this problem, but I have learnt a lot since then, thanks to the members here. I think we should all post the outcomes instead of just saying, " thanks all sorted now":Cheers:

Back