Er 12 + Er 20 Pace 4000n

softscoop

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had a bit of a search round, but couldnt find anything on the subject.
Got my pace 4000n this morning, and all that happens is it flashes Er12 and then after a while ER 20 on the screen.
If i hold down P+ and P- when booting, it goes to update mode, but says skipped update then just flashes the ntl: home logo and goes blank. If i keep holding down the P+ & P- it goes into engineers menu.
I have reset the net id using the funcard method. Everything is the same as it is in the menu on my subbed box.
I have no idea whats up with it, any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
Just let it on for ages and 0 is now on the screen. It responds to the remote, but nothing happens.

softscoop said:
Had a bit of a search round, but couldnt find anything on the subject.
Got my pace 4000n this morning, and all that happens is it flashes Er12 and then after a while ER 20 on the screen.
If i hold down P+ and P- when booting, it goes to update mode, but says skipped update then just flashes the ntl: home logo and goes blank. If i keep holding down the P+ & P- it goes into engineers menu.
I have reset the net id using the funcard method. Everything is the same as it is in the menu on my subbed box.
I have no idea whats up with it, any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
Just let it on for ages and 0 is now on the screen. It responds to the remote, but nothing happens.

check the frequency and the net id is correct for ur area
net id is on page 2

it sounds like a faulty box to me m8, {flashing er12}---------were did you get the box from

fleabay.. was cheap.. thought i'd take a chance.. was listed as untested..
the net id comes up as 09999.
How can i force the box to update?

i thought you said everything is the same in the e/menu as a working box from your area m8?

sort the netid

it might be worth storeing the netid after you reset it m8, {otherwise you might have a battery problem}

hmmm.. im using a funcard 2.. does that have a big enough ext eeprom?

do you know which pins connect to which? I have a couple of spare leads that i dont need anymore, saves buying one

well ive ordered a funcard 4. If i get the net id correct, do you think it'll then update?

Back