Peripherals Epson scan-to-cloud

RickJ

Inactive User
Reaction score
Some of Epson's newest all-in-one WiFi printer/scanners (seems they like to cutely call them "small-in-one" now) have a scan-to-cloud function. So instead of running the scanning program on your computer, you just hit the scan-to-cloud button on the device and the scan goes - presumably - to Epson's servers to start with. Has anyone used this feature, if so how well does it work?

How do you get your scanned file? From reading Epson's glowing but always rather vague descriptions, I think you can configure an email address for it to go to, and I saw something about Evernote. That would be handy for me instead of email cos I use Evernote quite a bit.

And do you have much control over scan quality, scan area, image compression, file type, etc?

I'm just wondering if it's worth paying the extra for one that has the feature, or to save a bit of money and stick to conventional scanning.

Some of Epson's newest all-in-one WiFi printer/scanners (seems they like to cutely call them "small-in-one" now) have a scan-to-cloud function. So instead of running the scanning program on your computer, you just hit the scan-to-cloud button on the device and the scan goes - presumably - to Epson's servers to start with. Has anyone used this feature, if so how well does it work?

How do you get your scanned file? From reading Epson's glowing but always rather vague descriptions, I think you can configure an email address for it to go to, and I saw something about Evernote. That would be handy for me instead of email cos I use Evernote quite a bit.

And do you have much control over scan quality, scan area, image compression, file type, etc?

I'm just wondering if it's worth paying the extra for one that has the feature, or to save a bit of money and stick to conventional scanning.

Not sure as I have a slightly older epson printer that works well, would be nice to have an option to upload to dropbox though?

that could be very handy.

Anyone else used this?

Regards
Mick

Well I bit the bullet and got a new XP-412, which is really nice. Very flexible, it supports network self-discovery, and connects to Google cloud print and Epson connect services.
Apart from being able to print from anything anywhere, it will scan to an email address, Evernote, Google Drive, Drop box, & Box, as well as to an SD card or a local PC. Remote format is either JPEG or PDF.
Can all be done from the front panel or Epson's phone app.
Haven't done many prints yet, but quality seems what you'd expect of Epson.
So far I'm impressed ☺

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back