EPGfresh box freezing

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always setup EPG importer and EPGrefresh. I'm not sure if that's the right way was updating 2 H2 boxes that had very old openATV on them. When I set up both importer and EPGrefresh after an EPG update the box freezes, not right away it can be 20-30 later. I made sure the sticks all set stick formatted in the box and mounted and epg setting set to /HDD and set to PVR_EPG
Can someone please jog my memory with the best way to get a EPG update ? which plugin I might be getting my wires crossed here as to which plugins I actually need.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should have both importer and refresh on the box. try deleting one
I use EPGrefresh. Open epgrefresh, press yellow on remote (functions), then 'refresh now'

I think if you just select channel 100 (virgin previews) the EPG will update after a couple of minutes ?

I'll try that, so "Virmin preview" channel with epgrefresh ?..do you not use "PVR_EPG" channel ?

I'll try that, so "Virmin preview" channel with epgrefresh ?..do you not use "PVR_EPG" channel ?
Last I read you could use either but I would use preview channel and leave it on it for few minutes (epgrefresh provides options for settings like that).

You shouldn't use both epgrefresh and epgimporter if just using cable and nothing else.

I believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong), EPGimporter epg is done manually by someone whereas epgrefresh (like openTV for $ky) is taken from original sources

EPGImporter uses downloads the data uploaded by the Rytec team They grab it from various websites. There is a need for service reference updates/correlation etc. Doglover is the main updater on PLI forum.

EPGRefresh is just a timer program. It does not grab/fetch any EPG. It activates a timer and when you zap/select/tune/fake record to a service, the EPG readers in the image (if enabled) do the fetching. Best to manually use a service. If it works for fetching EPG, then set the timer using EPGRefresh.

The EPG data online and on stream can vary. Using both will result in once cancelling out the other.

So basically use EPGimporter on its on ?, do you set it to update itself ?

Back