epg

VTEC_ECK

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know i should know this one but what does it stand for and can someone tell me a bit about it? My neighbour has just bought a sagem which he's having problems with. it was working ok to start with but now on some channels he get 'waiting for epg' then when the picture should appear the screen goes blank with only the banner at the bottom saying what channel it's on. Any ideas?

Cheers

EPG stands for Electronic Programme Guide I think and its simply the list that tells you whats on each channel.

I thought it was something to do with the channel info but wasn't sure quite what. While i'm here liam, i still cant get d box commnd to work and i'd like to. Got the flahing sussed with IFA but STILL havn't managed to transfer any service files to any box. it says on my computer screen that the files are sent. i then disconnect the mains supply to the box like in your tutorial but it never works.. am i missing something out, like should i be doing something in the d box menu to locate the files and install them or something before killing the power?

Cheers

You might have a machine that makes a bug in the software kick in. Basically the software says that the files have transferred when they havent. It works on some machines but not on others.

Try going into Internet Explorer and typing this into the address bar:

ftp://root:[email protected]/tuxbox/config/zapit

(replace the ip address with your own)

If it connects then there is something wrong with dbox command centre.
If it doesnt connect then there is something wrong with the network setup.

Liam.

liam funny enough i cant get it to work either yet when i go to windows ftp it works o.k when it says connect?how do you know its connected ,when its transfering files you have the green status bars but not with connect?

Anyway... back to my original problem. Been and had a look at my neighbours box which i set up for him yesterday and was working perfectly. He has admitted he was mucking about with all the menu's to see what they did and has obviously done something to the box that is now stopping him from viewing channels that are meant to be paid for, he can however still pick up the free to air channels so as far as i can see there cant be a problem with the box, only with some sort of setting somewhere. But i cant find the problem. Anyone ny idea what he has done to it?

Cheers

Sounds like he's played with the evocamd settings or changed the cam to something else. Best thing to do is just reflash the image.

Back