****epg fix**** for tm800hd

kaostech

Inactive User
Reaction score
A lot of TM800HD users are suffering from the Rytec EPG updating but now showing the EPG now/next, I have managed to fix this problem with a bit tweaking with the Rtec.sources.xml.

For some reason digitalworldz link to download is not working ATM so PM me and ill send you it.

FTP to your box and delete the old source file , extract the fix and FTP into the receiver restart enigma and update.

Attachments

• rytec.sources.fix.TM800HD.rar
    2 KB · Views: 28
the problem with this is that the TM800 used the url tm800hd.co.uk for the updates, but a while back this started having issues with incoming connections, which the host couldnt work out why after something was updated on the server, so rytec removed it from the sources file, which then meant the files hosted there stopped getting updated

I also read somewhere it had something to do with the box not able to move from one sever to the next to update properly so I moved the

<url>http://www.tm800hd.co.uk/rytec.channels.xml.gz</url>

to update first for the EPG data and it worked, hope that makes sense lol.

yes m8 thats correct, the TM800 is unable to use the randomiser to pick an update source, and tm800hd was always at the top of the lists, as it was the one that didnt go off every month as i had allowed them unlimited bandwidth for a while. when my host updated something, things started going wierd, which left the receivers unable to resolve the url, and shortly after PCs were unable to get the files, but, ftp clients were fine? in the end, as i was unable to sort out what was going wrong, along with the rytec team, we decided that id no longer host the files, and they stopped updating them onto tm800hd server

as the tm800 has that url at the top of its list, and is unable to randomise and pick another, untill the url is removed, it will fail to update the epg, however, most of the other servers cut off towards the end of the month as bandwidth limits are set on most of them due to the amound of bandwidth the rytec files use by people downloading them, i used to go through nearly 1Tb some months

Back