eourvox epg

whats wrong with

malcb said:
nothing yet but when there is it will be posted on here
what is wrong with epg? mine works,gives menus and whats on hours in front, well days in front ? smellwest midlands.is there something else it should do?
cheers

smirnoff_rules said:
what is wrong with epg? mine works,gives menus and whats on hours in front, well days in front ? smellwest midlands.is there something else it should do?
cheers

u are one of the lucky few mate

most people dont get any epg on eurovox

some people get a little bit

most get none

epg

not rubbing it in,but do have a picture you can have a look at

Last edited:
@smirnoff are you saying that you get full epg on all channels ? I get working epg on some channels but by no means all - just interested to know as it seems you must be the only one I have heard of that has a full working system.

i also get some epg, tho its not full, but depending where u are and wot channel ur on it'll show a fair few..

some times it'll only give 2-3 channels, but other times it'll give mayb a dozen..

Mayb in the next S/W update we'll get even further..

:Cheers:

smirnoff_rules said:
not rubbing it in,but do have a picture you can have a look at

I also get a full EPG in North West

Last edited by a moderator:
DEANOBOY said:
@smirnoff are you saying that you get full epg on all channels ? I get working epg on some channels but by no means all - just interested to know as it seems you must be the only one I have heard of that has a full working system.
all the uk channels,sky movies and prem plus tells u when the football games are on next..all we need now is a crack to get ppv,and my life will be complete lol

@smirnoff - nice one mate. must besomething to do with signal strength i presume.

could be the signal strength i think its more to do with the software to be honest. im in east midlans n i get NO EPG!

just a quick vote guys can u confirm which area u are in and if u get EPG

also state if ur NTHELL OR TELEPEST

cheers

Im in Manchester, have got almost full EPG. Am using NTHell

epg

Merry christmas to all
in west mids hardly any epg at all on nthell: shocked2

luck

looks like its the luck of the draw b'ham smellywest ,most of them working,,,want a replay box now , they all work from what l have read on here?reading level 72 and quality 72%

Last edited:
Only get epg on about five channels here in Notts (Pure ntl) that stays on constantly but do on the odd occasion get the epg for sky sports and a few sky movie channels.

when it does give you a working epg it does it by transponder so its not even listed in order . also dont get a replaybox yet mate there not working right , they are stuttering and sticking ad some are even crashing , so wait till there is a software update out for it

Last edited:
cheers

asgard said:
when it does give you a working epg it does it by transponder so its not even listed in order . also dont get a replaybox yet mate there not working right , they are stuttering and sticking ad some are even crashing , so wait till there is a software update out for it
yea l will give a bit of time then
cheers m8t

im in North London, TW area, i get an intermitent EPG.. althogh it can be fairy good.. Other times its no good..

so all in all, the EPG sucks regardless! lol id put it down to software then lets hope theres an update o nthe way! also thinking abuot selling mines too! i dont use it since i got the replaybox!

thanks for posting ur results guys! much appreciated!
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

LOL, I always said go for the Dreambox but nobody listened...
I will tell you why you have the EPG problem tho, because it is identical to the problem on the DBOX2 Enigma images.

Basically, NTL and Telewest do not support that "DVB Standard" for EPG transmission. Therefore, when trying to obtain the EPG, the software on the box more often than not will 'time-out', leaving you epgless. The best way to get at least some EPG is to make your signal level as HIGH AS POSSIBLE ... this will allow the EPG to be transferred just in time before the timeout period.

Its very possible to fix this problem by MODIFYING THE SOFTWARE... you will have to ask the original manufacturers to do this for you. Basically tell them that you need the EPG timeout increased to 8 seconds instead of the default value.

Liam

Back