Enough already

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on whether the turban is purple or navy?

Purple sure yeah let's go for it, navy, i don't think so ;)

The Mods on the site sometimes have a very difficult and stressful job to do on the site, they have a family life outside of the site and hold down jobs then they have to come onto the site and do another shift but this time they dont get paid and sometimes take some amount of abuse for their efforts, ok maybe sometimes they get it wrong but most of the time they get it spot on and should be respected at all times by the members, if a member has a problem with a mod or vice versa they should try sort it out privately thro PM, altho i for one respect the hard work the admin and mods do keep it up chaps

I think it's about time these people saw a ban, in my view if the mods (and the site) are to be taken seriously then certain members have to know that they are not above the law as it were. Hopefully the said members will come back better for the ban, because as others had said they had been getting away with a lot. Maybe a lot of people do on here to some extent. But basically no member on here should be above the law and if they think they are then something is very wrong in my opinion.

I think the recent actions taken can only be a good thing for DW as a whole especially in the long run. Needs cracking down on esp when clear lines are crossed.

Keep it up fellas.

DigitalWorldz is very relaxed compared to many forums and we are not JUST a hacking site we are a reference point for many topics and that includes things that other technical sites do not, including banter and fun.

In the early days we was just a mobile phone site!!!

Then a tv, cable, satellite site.

Now we have bargains, sport, general topics, motors.

So I do not agree with the sole hacking site theory though I respect our roots.

Now some of the members here are just taking the piss... and they can fook off find another site there is plenty. I hope most of them do not come back, but like RAT I will also welcome anyone who wants to come back here, and not hold any grudges.

I will be totally honest, members that want to cause trouble here will be banned without warning in the next few days while this is fresh in mods / admins minds so be careful if you like it here - if not push your buttons!!!

I will also say that mods here do their best to make this place a fun and great place to mod they move posts, listen to moaning, take requests and will help anyone that needs help and some of the disrespect these fellas have been getting while they are not paid to be here is just shocking... any mod bashing will be treated with bans!Mickie

What we need cleared up Mickie is what constitutes Mod bashing? Although Mods have a degree of site oversight, they should be aware that if they partake in threads they should not be too precious as to take the hump at comments and replies that us lowly general members would use when replying to each other. We should all be open to debate and disagreements and sometimes even some abuse as long as its not overboard.

What we need cleared up Mickie is what constitutes Mod bashing? Although Mods have a degree of site oversight, they should be aware that if they partake in threads they should not be too precious as to take the hump at comments and replies that us lowly general members would use when replying to each other. We should all be open to debate and disagreements and sometimes even some abuse as long as its not overboard.
most of the time mods and admin partisipate in a contrversal topic to stop it going overboard which is why we are here

and we are not her to receive abuse
which we have

this is basicly a friendly forum and what we let the member get away with would not be allowed on any other forums

remember the mods and admin are ppl just like everybody else

all we ask is think before u post

most of the time mods and admin partisipate in a contrversal topic to stop it going overboard which is why we are here

and we are not her to receive abuse
which we have

this is basicly a friendly forum and what we let the member get away with would not be allowed on any other forums

remember the mods and admin are ppl just like everybody else

all we ask is think before u post

What I think a few members are pished about is they feel that mods are getting treated differently to everybody else. I didn't want to get involved in this but from looking at it as a non participating member I have to agree that mods do get more discretion than regular members of the forum

A few of the members that have been banned lately have been here a very long time .. Mozr, RodBouy, V14 etc and they prob feel they are being treated differently to other members so they have taken the bait and been banned. Lets just get the thread closed, everybody has their own opinion and their is always going to be conflict but I thought DW was better than this.

I'm off for a week or 2 and will see if anything changes then ... I hope so :(

People seem to forget that forums are not democratic.

The Admin team has absolute power and any disrespect shown can easily result in a ban, no questions asked.

Thankfully DW does have some democratic properties and things CAN be discussed/ debated, MickieD runs the fairest, most liberal technical forum I've ever used.

I think as long as members remind themselves that membership is a privilege and not a given right then things will be ok.

Reactions: Rat
People seem to forget that forums are not democratic.

The Admin team has absolute power and any disrespect shown can easily result in a ban, no questions asked.

Thankfully DW does have some democratic properties and things CAN be discussed/ debated, MickieD runs the fairest, most liberal technical forum I've ever used.

I think as long as members remind themselves that membership is a privilege and not a given right then things will be ok.

Just not the last day or two, at this rate the only ones left will be the sycophants and the ones who's posts would bore the tits of you, and there's a few of them. :grayno:

:Cheers:

I think anyone looking in on that thread yeaterday could see it was only going to end one way. Tensions have been running high for a few weeks now and yesterday was just one climax, I'm expecting a few more to be honest.

There's an ill wind a blowin'...

Just not the last day or two, at this rate the only ones left will be the sycophants and the ones who's posts would bore the tits of you, and there's a few of them. :grayno:

:Cheers:

Sorry m8 but I feel the need to call this one, because I think attitudes like this are the problem. Members feeling that they're better or cooler than other members etc and that there's a negative aspect of the 'sycophants' and the 'boring' posters....but the main thing or the main point I should say is that clearly certain people can give it all day long and yet when it comes back to bite them in the ass they cannot take it. So that combined with certain attitudes it's like witchy says there's an ill wind blowing at the moment.

But it's been coming for a long time though and that's the thing....nobody gets banned unfairly. And if someone takes up an issue with being made to look a div then really whose fault is that ? Way I see it is it's theirs for forcing the mods hands.

I don't kiss ass on forums and I never will - if I don't agree with something from admin to newbie I will say so for what it's worth. But for the record I am 100% in full favor of the way the mods are handling this to be perfectly honest. The fact that some are kicking off over it just shows how bruised some egos are, which in turn proves just how rampant them egos were previously running.

That's my take on this whole thing. People need reigning in sometimes for the greater good.

I think it's about time these people saw a ban, in my view if the mods (and the site) are to be taken seriously then certain members have to know that they are not above the law as it were. Hopefully the said members will come back better for the ban, because as others had said they had been getting away with a lot. Maybe a lot of people do on here to some extent. But basically no member on here should be above the law and if they think they are then something is very wrong in my opinion.

I think the recent actions taken can only be a good thing for DW as a whole especially in the long run. Needs cracking down on esp when clear lines are crossed.

Keep it up fellas.

Well I would agree if you had said that everyone be treated the same, unfortunately that is not always the case and I am not meaning mods/admin here, just other members. Some of the crap that had been happening before the bans was just downright silly and wrong and those that were banned were only some of the culprits.

I have no issues with any mods/admin and will not criticise them for doing their job, some are more lenient than others and some have a short fuse but they hold the power, you can have a debate with them but Mod abuse is crossing the line, you get into an argument with them and there is only 1 winner,.....thats how it should be and must stay.

Some members think Mods are treated like Gods and that they are not accountable for their actions...that is so wrong, they are accountable, they have mod rooms and admin rooms and I have seen mods come and go over the years either by choice or getting the boot. I have also seen them change their minds on things after reflecting on it.

I am not saying those banned didn't deserve to get banned...of course they did, they were ask repeatedly to calm down and knock it on the head, they continued and paid the price BUT that doesnt mean their grievances weren't valid, they believed they were being wronged on a few different issues and stood their ground, but sometimes you just have to accept you will not win and you have to back down, that was never going to happen so they took the ban.

Will they be back, I hope so because a lot of them are really good people, but I doubt some of them will come back

"yesterday was just one climax" quoted

well how many "climax's" in a day do you want and i thought that was a woman thing lol

Sorry m8 but I feel the need to call this one, because I think attitudes like this are the problem. Members feeling that they're better or cooler than other members etc and that there's a negative aspect of the 'sycophants' and the 'boring' posters....but the main thing or the main point I should say is that clearly certain people can give it all day long and yet when it comes back to bite them in the ass they cannot take it. So that combined with certain attitudes it's like witchy says there's an ill wind blowing at the moment.

But it's been coming for a long time though and that's the thing....nobody gets banned unfairly. And if someone takes up an issue with being made to look a div then really whose fault is that ? Way I see it is it's theirs for forcing the mods hands.

I don't kiss ass on forums and I never will - if I don't agree with something from admin to newbie I will say so for what it's worth. But for the record I am 100% in full favor of the way the mods are handling this to be perfectly honest. The fact that some are kicking off over it just shows how bruised some egos are, which in turn proves just how rampant them egos were previously running.

That's my take on this whole thing. People need reigning in sometimes for the greater good.

Mate I couldn't give a rats arse what you think, you can blow it right out your arse for all I care, because your not entirely innocent when it comes to causing a bit of bother yourself, so save it for someone who gives a shit.

Just stating my opinion hibby, I am entitled to do so. As for my post history I don't deny I was involved in a lot of bother I bare my crosses and I admit when I am wrong. As for starting bother, at least purposely, I never have done on any forum and I never will do.

I think you need to take a step back mate and don't judge me because you don't even know me.....

@ jaffa,

I agree that everybody should be held accountable equally, that was my point m8, I think that previously certain members were operating with impunity and that's why people are kicking off about it now that it's been nipped in the bud at long last. If I have to make an analogy of how I see it it's kind of like when a child gets told off for the first time and so they throws their toys out of the pram in a state of shock over it. Yet in the long run it's only a good thing what happened.

For the record I've been banned before, but I didn't cry over it. Apparently witchy has been banned many a time (no surprise there witch! ;) - sorry m8!) but yeah I just think nobody should be feeling they are above the law and I also feel the mods should enforce that at every opportunity with every member as and when appropriate. I believe this is a good thing for DW. Many won't agree, I could be wrong, but that's my belief.

Last edited:
"yesterday was just one climax" quoted

well how many "climax's" in a day do you want and i thought that was a woman thing lol

Well, when I was 14 I'd squeeze in as many as I could, these days I'm lucky if I have 1 a week. ;)

This thread has run its course.

Thank you for the input we do listen, but believe we needed to do something about the way members was treating DW - with no respect.

Just chill out and enjoy the site if you cannot enjoy then may I suggest you move on please.

Can I also take this time to request members use the ignore button if they do not like each other because stupid arguments will result in short bans for both parties regardless of "WHO STARTED IT"

Thank you
Mickie D

Last edited:
hibbydave/raven please dont let this get outta hand guys :) just some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back