Enough already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have no idea what has happened but i have noticed some good members that i enjoy reading there posts and watching their videos ect have been banned.

The way i see it is we are all friends down a virtual pub getting on together talking about s**t most of the time and every now and then things get out of hand and people upset each other and then this upsets the landlords (admins and mods) and they have to ban people.

I do hope that these people realise what they have done and get let back in and buy everyone a virtual drink and they all kiss and make up. :beer:

TBH I missed all this as usual. lol People need to remember that this is the internet, and not real life. Also there are many keyboard warriors out there, and we all take offence at stupid things sometimes.

Not the first time its all kicked off, and people have been banned, and I am sure that it wont be the last. Those who have been here a while, will remember when it happened with the ELITE status, that was subsequently removed because people kicked off as they felt the ELITE members were being treated differently.

This forum is forever evolving, and with the death of cable hacking, then its going to evolve further, into something else. I for one will be staying and enjoying and trying to help as much as possible, but TBH I stay out of a lot of threads as I have no interest in the topic, or trolling the people posting.

DW Members

I haven't been on here as much as I used to and the last few days I've been visiting the site more and more yet it seems like a completely different forum to the 1 I left. There seems to be a thread a day that contains arguing and members and mods having a argument with each other.

I thought the whole idea of this forum was to help people and be the Number 1 forum for all your needs, well that was my thoughts on joining, but if I was a new member thinking about joining this forum, my opinion would be completely changed.

I don't know what has gone on but FFS I thought we were all adults here, I don't want to be coming on a forum where members aren't getting along as it creates a bad atmosphere and the wrong members joining.

Lets get back to the gd old DW and stop all this childish point scoring

Re: DW Members

I haven't been on here as much as I used to and the last few days I've been visiting the site more and more yet it seems like a completely different forum to the 1 I left. There seems to be a thread a day that contains arguing and members and mods having a argument with each other.

I thought the whole idea of this forum was to help people and be the Number 1 forum for all your needs, well that was my thoughts on joining, but if I was a new member thinking about joining this forum, my opinion would be completely changed.

I don't know what has gone on but FFS I thought we were all adults here, I don't want to be coming on a forum where members aren't getting along as it creates a bad atmosphere and the wrong members joining.

good point..
not seen u around for a bit , how u doing ?

EDIT cant wait for the footy season !!

Lets not forget...
people are getting bored ..no footy , no cable .
when footy season starts back up , everyone will be better off !
bring it on !

good point..
not seen u around for a bit , how u doing ?

EDIT cant wait for the footy season !!

Hey m8, yh gd just become a bit disillusioned with the bickering and constant point scoring on here, so thought I'd pop out for a while and see how it is later on but it is even worse from the threads I have read.

PS. If I were you I'd wait for the footy, could be a long season for ya ;) lol

Hey m8, yh gd just become a bit disillusioned with the bickering and constant point scoring on here, so thought I'd pop out for a while and see how it is later on but it is even worse from the threads I have read.

PS. If I were you I'd wait for the footy, could be a long season for ya ;) lol

i know wot u mean with the bickering mate , its never ending !
as for the footy .. we got martin petrov lol !! ??!! ???
holy crap u may be right , it will be a long hard season LOL

Ive moved your thread here as its kinda the same thing mate :)

hope you understand

I think everyone has made their point tbh. Maybe it would help things back on track if this was closed now as we dont want any re ignition of the flames.
Lets all draw a line under it and move on.

I think everyone has made their point tbh. Maybe it would help things back on track if this was closed now as we dont want any re ignition of the flames.
Lets all draw a line under it and move on.

I agree ,think everyone has had the opportunity to voice an opinion on those threads etc.
no prob from me if mods want to close it ,just lets all try and keep from arguing in future and make it a happy forum once again.

One word: Needless.

Anyone involved in this latest debacle, banned members or mods alike, know themselves if they did something they needn't, but it's not like they are going to admit it. It's just that they see backing down, letting sleeping dogs lie and appoligies as some sort of weakness; but isn't that called being the bigger person?

I hate you all. :proud:

Joking, but seriouslly this is a cracking forum, members will allways not see eye to eye on every occasion however the point here is to move one, forget about it and get on posting the good amount of stuff usually found on here.
:banana:

I am not that keen on swearing in the forums but I am put off much more by the racist, homophobic and mysogynistic tone of many posts.

There are people here from many backgrounds who have varied and diverse view points: if we all feel the need to constantly press our own particular views then all that can arise is rancour.

I wish the rules were more closely followed and applied.

TBH I missed all this as usual. lol People need to remember that this is the internet, and not real life. Also there are many keyboard warriors out there, and we all take offence at stupid things sometimes.

Not the first time its all kicked off, and people have been banned, and I am sure that it wont be the last. Those who have been here a while, will remember when it happened with the ELITE status, that was subsequently removed because people kicked off as they felt the ELITE members were being treated differently.

This forum is forever evolving, and with the death of cable hacking, then its going to evolve further, into something else. I for one will be staying and enjoying and trying to help as much as possible, but TBH I stay out of a lot of threads as I have no interest in the topic, or trolling the people posting.

I heartily agree with both of these posts, some threads have been taking a very nasty turn lately :(

Jan is right, all forums are going to have to evolve in order to survive, and if people aren't interested in a topic they should stay out of it instead of ridiculing the people making posts.

It's a pity there have to be so many bans, and hopefully people will decide to come back when they are over, but at the end of the day DW is run by the mods and admin and it's up to them what direction they decide to take it. Personally i feel they have had this forced upon them with all the bickering and spiteful comments that have been cropping up and i don't envy them their job.

DigitalWorldz is very relaxed compared to many forums and we are not JUST a hacking site we are a reference point for many topics and that includes things that other technical sites do not, including banter and fun.

In the early days we was just a mobile phone site!!!

Then a tv, cable, satellite site.

Now we have bargains, sport, general topics, motors.

So I do not agree with the sole hacking site theory though I respect our roots.

Now some of the members here are just taking the piss... and they can fook off find another site there is plenty. I hope most of them do not come back, but like RAT I will also welcome anyone who wants to come back here, and not hold any grudges.

I will be totally honest, members that want to cause trouble here will be banned without warning in the next few days while this is fresh in mods / admins minds so be careful if you like it here - if not push your buttons!!!

I will also say that mods here do their best to make this place a fun and great place to mod they move posts, listen to moaning, take requests and will help anyone that needs help and some of the disrespect these fellas have been getting while they are not paid to be here is just shocking... any mod bashing will be treated with bans!

Mickie

any mod bashing will be treated with bans!

Mickie

Im sure i remember you banning all the mods yourself not that long ago in a post. Think u shud ban yourself now. :proud:

Its is a great site (my mrs hates it cuz she says i spend to much time on here :banana:).

Its just a shame cuz we have lost some good and funny members. Hope time will settle things and they all come back and are happy bunnies again. :Clap:

Im sure i remember you banning all the mods yourself not that long ago in a post. Think u shud ban yourself now. :proud:

Its is a great site (my mrs hates it cuz she says i spend to much time on here :banana:).

Its just a shame cuz we have lost some good and funny members. Hope time will settle things and they all come back and are happy bunnies again. :Clap:

Mickie already did that too. He banned himself last year for something to do with an Arsenal thread. lol.

mickie though that post proves that u are singling mods out as gods that cannot and will not be disputed at any time ....
which has wound some members up in the first place .
Personally i think you all do a good job to keep the peace ..
but please lets not blow this situation out of all proportion here .
I for one visit this site multiple times daily ...i have got used to the faces ( good and bad )..i know who to wind up and who not to wind up ! Whose posts to reply to, and whose not to ...
a lot of it is personal members choice , please dont take that away from us little members.
EDIT there is a fine line to actual "mod bashin" and having harmless banter .

mickie though that post proves that u are singling mods out as gods that cannot and will not be disputed at any time

That's nonsense mate.

If you have a problem with a mod or a dispute you should take it up with admin... you should not go and try and belittle them on a forum they work on.

That's the problem not them being gods.

Everyone makes mistakes, but if members do not like it here then they have a choice to move on... its easy logout don't come back

Regards
Mickie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back