Enigma2 Solo2 USB-T2 tuner

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a VU+ SOLO2 running VIX image. I am looking to get a usb dvb-t2 tuner. I know I can get a sundtek tuner but they are crazy money over £50.

From looking online there is a load of cheap generic ones. Would any of these be compatible? I only want it to receive 4 FTA channels.

sorry if this is in the wrong section. i found this section when searching for a similar question.

Thanks for any help.

Hey,

I have a VU+ SOLO2 running VIX image. I am looking to get a usb dvb-t2 tuner. I know I can get a sundtek tuner but they are crazy money over £50.

From looking online there is a load of cheap generic ones. Would any of these be compatible? I only want it to receive 4 FTA channels.

sorry if this is in the wrong section. i found this section when searching for a similar question.

Thanks for any help.

you say there crazy money but in running them and they work really well, better than buying a zgemma box

but a zgemma box is only an extra £20 and they are twin tuner.

as i said i only want it for 4 FTA channels.

yeah i know that. im not from the UK and our local channels are only available via FTA over DVB-t or encryped over sat.

no more CS so i need a way to get those channels back. only option is FTA or iptv. i dont got the bandwith for iptv, plus there is the cost of it

Do you need DVB-T2 or will DVB-T work?

AFAIK, there is no DVB-T2 in ROI unless you are near a UK mast.

i guess DVB-T.

Sorry i thought DVB-T2 was needed for HD. I must of been thinking of DVB-S2

You can get USB tuners cheao. Hauppauge Nova T are most universally working ones. I have an August tuner that works too.

However, installing the drivers normally means you would have to install some kernel packages from the plugin server.

You can get USB tuners cheao. Hauppauge Nova T are most universally working ones. I have an August tuner that works too.

However, installing the drivers normally means you would have to install some kernel packages from the plugin server.

thanks. i go shopping for a few on fleabay.

do you know which driver i need to install?

is there any way to take the packages off a box that has access to the plugin server?

Last edited:

hey,

thanks for the help so far.

the Hauppauge WinTV NOVA T DVB-T USB TV finally arrived but after installing all Hauppauge drivers i could find on the plugins feed, it still dont show in the tuner list.

the Hauppauge drivers i installed were 950, 955 and cant remember the name of the last one but it said it was for Hauppauge. did a reboot after each one but no luck.

im running vix 5.0 not sure what exact build, will find out later.

any ideas?

---Update---

I got the Hauppauge USB tuner working thanks to the driver dvb-usb-dib0700 suggested by @Abu Baniaz.

after installing the driver you must reboot the box.(not just the GUI)

it tuned in the channels straight away and other than the fact it takes maybe a second or 2 for the channel to open, you would never know its not an internal sat tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm thinking of getting the August tuner to try with my solo2. I'm looking at the DVB-T210 which someone in the comments says is DVB-C compatible.
I've read what you said about installing the drivers and don't mind ftp-ing in to the box...was it relatively easy to get going?

i got the driver from the vix feeds server.

yeah very easy
just install driver insert usb tuner.
reboot box.
do a complete manual scan.
move the channels from the last scanned bouquet to where you want them

easy as that.

only think that was strange was if i didnt do a complete scan i wouldnt find all the channels even though i was scanning the freq that had the channels.

I would check if someone has bought the tuner and that it works before buying. You install the drivers like any other plugin on the plugin server of images.

Menu >> Plugins > Green (download) > Drivers > Select > Press OK > Reboot

Then configure tuner.

I would check if someone has bought the tuner and that it works before buying. You install the drivers like any other plugin on the plugin server of images.

Menu >> Plugins > Green (download) > Drivers > Select > Press OK > Reboot

Then configure tuner.

Thanks Abu...thought you said you bought one?

Back