VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Englishman Webb To Ref World Cup Final

closest we got ;) lol

15661704.jpg

Cant argue with that, he's a top class ref. :Clap:

:Cheers:

Nah he is a propper coont to be honest... or he is bribed in the premiership!!!!

Because you are right he has been absolutely top class in the champions league final... throughout this tournament!!!

Makes you wonder really how he can be so good but when it comes to the premiership he is shocking!!!

Mickie

Yes a very good Ref and well deserved
I guess they were waiting for germany to get knocked out before deciding lol

Seen his dad on the news last night. He was in SA to follow England and came home, he's flying out again today to see his son ref the final.....lol

Expensive all round trip!

He's been spot on in with the games he's had so far, good CL final too.

Hes had a very good season and think it may have something to do with him being an ex copper. He knows how to speak to players and commands their authority reminds me of Pierlugi Collini, the italian bald ref who had the same effect on the field. Just hope he can show this same consistency in the Prem next season.

brill ta see that guy gettin the final:banana: ....its the only thing english aboot the final...lol.....well dun webb

Think he is a good ref, but I can't understand all the who-har. He's all over SS News and they even interviewed his mum!!

He will have his autobiography and keep fit dvd out by Christmas... The media could convince people the sun's purple with green dots if they wanted to!

a think its coz ...its no everywan that gets ta ref a world cup final..:Clap:

a think its coz ...its no everywan that gets ta ref a world cup final..:Clap:

Suppose only one man every 4 years gets to do it, but it's typical of the English press to blow something all out of proportion.

probably well deserved considering he hasnt made any major cock-ups and got the majority of decisions right...... good omen for english refs considering the graham poll debacle 4 years ago lol

top class ref @ least 1 english man in the final lol

Bloke on Talksport was calling for a Knighthood for him yesterday (muppet).

I reckon this is payback for the goal that never was.

Nah he is a propper coont to be honest... or he is bribed in the premiership!!!!

Because you are right he has been absolutely top class in the champions league final... throughout this tournament!!!

Makes you wonder really how he can be so good but when it comes to the premiership he is shocking!!!

Mickie

have to agree here.
Hate to admit it but he has probably been the best ref in this world cup, he lets little things go and i thought he doesnt book needlessly but it was strange to find out he actually is 2nd in dishing cards to games ratio.

I had a feeling he would get given the world cup final when he didnt get selected for the quarters or semis.

Back