English Defence League in Bradford

Status
Not open for further replies.

eon

DW Regular
Reaction score
some of you will know, some of you may not but as the title says the english defence league will be holding a demo in bradford on the 28th aug. this is planned as one of the biggest marches the EDL have done to date and has the potental to either make or break them.

if dudley is anything to go by there will be a heavy police presance, couter protests by the UAF/MDL and gangs of local youths tearing the place up.

is anyone going? :roflmao:

if not why?

as soon as this turns into race hate its gone. ppl are entitled to opinions and to march for what they believe, to tell the truth i will bin this if members dont like it. the way things are here at the moment im in 2 minds....

Last edited:
I am not going.

Two reasons really.

1. I am not English

2. The probably think everyone that came over on a boat should be sent home, I would have to come over on the boat to support them and they would want me sent right back.

EDL...would it not have been more sensible to call it the British defence league or similar, I reckon they may have got more support.

bin it if you want, i was in 2 minds weather to post it or not guess i should have known better living in the police state we do. but i agree if its gonna cause tensions bin it.

im sure enough people know anyway regardless of censorship

The problem with these marches is they always turn into blood battles between the people marching to show there support for what they believe in and those who don't.
There are always counter demonstrations as there is in Ireland when there marches take place.
I don't think any of these marches will go smoothly as there is always an excuse to start a violent counter protest.
Admittedly this does increase the press and television reports which highlight the groups and the reasons.

They did one in bolton town center not long ago .
It was a bit of a riot , a lot of shops and stuff got damaged too ..
and for what ???
absolutley nothing will change

I am not going.

Two reasons really.

1. I am not English

2. The probably think everyone that came over on a boat should be sent home, I would have to come over on the boat to support them and they would want me sent right back.

EDL...would it not have been more sensible to call it the British defence league or similar, I reckon they may have got more support.

well its called the EDL cause it started in england, but the cause is much bigger now with welsh, scottish, ulster defence leagues and now with the addition of french, belgum and netherlands defence leagues.

so everybody is welcome, as the motto says 'black & white unite' and a quick read of the about section here;

Who are the EDL? - Exposing the Myth

The problem with these marches is they always turn into blood battles between the people marching to show there support for what they believe in and those who don't.
There are always counter demonstrations as there is in Ireland when there marches take place.
I don't think any of these marches will go smoothly as there is always an excuse to start a violent counter protest.
Admittedly this does increase the press and television reports which highlight the groups and the reasons.

yes the violance cannot be excused, by either side but if you look deeper into what happened then the truth comes to light like what happened in bolton was nothing to do with the EDL but rather the UAF counetr protest which was planned and organised to cause trouble on that given day which resulted in the arrest of the UAF top brass along with 50 odd other for conspiracy

BBC News - Inquiry into clashes at Bolton protest

but ur right the violance cannot be tollerated weather its EDL/UAF

i am shop steward with Unite and usually get mails regarding counter marches but dont agree with doing that.
everyone is entitled to campaign for whatever they believe thats the great thing about uk.
As far as the edl i have heard them on five live and there pretty right wing for me but i can see there point at times but being scottish how could i support someone who wouldnt welcome me in england even though i have served for my Queen

is anyone going? :roflmao:

if not why?

Lol this cracked me up I must say....anyone going ? if not why not ? pmsl quality!

Are you off m8 ? Cool if u are like but I'm not going to get caught up in that crap n come home having been hit by a flying brick fook that lol. Mind you if JADE on here goes I might go just to chuck at brick at him....

Of course I'm joking ppl so don't go ringing the cops on me, speaking of joking classic line when cops say 'anythin u do say may be given in evidence' your next words should be 'please don't hit me again officer!' ;)

There just a bunch of football hooligans with free time.

Try having the rally at 3pm on a sat during footy season and see how many show up.

Hi

They seem to target towns/cities that got a high asian/muslim population inviting reaction and therefore trouble. Says it all about the EDL.... they are clever at how to use the media to make themselves look good and innocent.

Regards

It's just an anti muslim march.

In my experience 99% of muslims are the same as 99% of christians and just want to get on with their lives, marches like this highlight the differences rather than what we have in common.

Can't see this thread lasting long before it gets out of hand :(

EDL English defence league and that fascist group UAF Unite against fascist, but if you don't agree with them they call you a fascist,kind of makes them fascist I guess, and the MDL Muslim defence league the group who want to put amabad at the end of every town and city in the UK.
Welcome to 21st century United Kingdom, what a shit hole this country is, got to be the worst country in the western world to live, If I could afford it I would leave tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back