England Squad

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
im not English, but i watch the premier league every week so i know all the player which is why i'd like to hear other opionions on the English WC squad.

Am i the only one who thinks Southgate made a few mistakes in his selection but was right to leave out some players like Hart.
I don't understand why Cahill was picked and why Jones was picked ahead of Smalling. From the games I seen Smalling is picked ahead of Jones all the time for Man Utd. Am i the only one with this view?

Also there is Wilshere, I'm not his biggest fan but anybody will tell you he brings something that all the other players dont have and its not consistent injures, but a great passing range.

whats yer opinions on the players selected.

No problem with Wilshere being left out...too flaky.

I'd have liked Shelvey in there. His long range passing is superb...just the sort of thing Vardy feeds on. I think those two coming on fresh for the last half-hour of a game could have caused havoc on a tiring opposition.

Shelvey is a good player but he has the most PL red cards last season which goes againist him. Last thing you want in a international game is to be down to 10 men

I would have taken one less defender and taken Daniel Sturridge
Not sure Jones or Cahill can win a game for us but Studge might

Sturridge [emoji23] he would have injured himself in the taxi on way to the friggin airport [emoji23]

Jones ahead of Smalling seems a ridiculous decision but.. he’s the most consistent defender in the country IF he stays fit. Big if.

I heard southgate didnt call up Sturridge cuz he thought Sturridge would drop the phone on his leg breaking it when telling him he was in the squad.

3 mins he lasted for west brom before getting injured, it a shame cause he was a great player. reminds me of how injury prone tomas rosicky was

Sturridge [emoji23] he would have injured himself in the taxi on way to the friggin airport [emoji23]

Jones ahead of Smalling seems a ridiculous decision but.. he’s the most consistent defender in the country IF he stays fit. Big if.
Not sure how you come to that conclusion? not sure he is even the most consistent defender in Manchester
Have you watched every minute of every English defender this season?

Not sure how you come to that conclusion? not sure he is even the most consistent defender in Manchester
Have you watched every minute of every English defender this season?

He isn’t prone to mistakes, just accidents.

Who’s more consistent?

From what I have seen
Umm lets see

Lascelles
Cahill
Creswell
Maguire
Bertrand
Tripper
Smalling
Walker
Mawson

From what I have seen
Umm lets see

Lascelles
Cahill
Creswell
Maguire
Bertrand
Tripper
Smalling
Walker
Mawson

3db4d15652c618e9b6f71f28de3f9352.jpg

d2d02d899c0fa287c9ae8e765349b67d.jpg

Best defender in the league by far. Sorry.
Chris Smalling ain’t too shabby either, I would go with that pairing... until Jones gets injured flying into a tackle he probably doesn’t need to make.

From what you’ve seen, it seems like you’ve had our eyes sown up [emoji23]

That much a donkey he caught Hazard from a 5 yard start.

That much a donkey he caught Hazard from a 5 yard start.

Are you for real?
He caught him alright.
Lucky to still be on the pitch
Fecking liability
Shouldn't be anywhere near the England team

Genuine attempt for the ball after giving Hazard 5 yards. He’s the best England have to offer...by a long long way.

Back