England squad to face Hungary:

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
England boss Fabio Capello has named the uncapped trio of Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs and Bobby Zamora in his squad to face Hungary on Wednesday.

Goalkeepers Paul Robinson and Ben Foster replace David James and Robert Green as only 10 of the 23-man World Cup squad return for the friendly.

Theo Walcott and Adam Johnson are both recalled but Joe Cole misses out.

Strikers Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch are dropped as Carlton Cole and Darren Bent come in for the match at Wembley.

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn)

Defenders: Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

What has that Italian guy got against Joe Cole, he actually played very very well the other night for LFC and is one of the most gifted talents in english football.

Good to see Wilshire, Zamora and bent called up.

What has that Italian guy got against Joe Cole, he actually played very very well the other night for LFC and is one of the most gifted talents in english football.

Good to see Wilshire, Zamora and bent called up.
couldnt agree more with you about cole ...thought he had a great game. and he seemed to put a bit of fire back in the team ..will have to see if the changes r any good

Whilshere has not started a prem game yet only substitute appearances... this just seems silly to me and gibbs has been injured for 6 months?

Believe me jack is a wonderful prospect for england, he will be one of the best players in the world when he is 27 from what I have seen of him.

But now he is very raw, but hey anything is better than them pre-Madonna's lol

100% agree with COLE posts... I wanted him to start every game at the World Cup but he did not get a sniff.

cappello is a muppet

Mickie

Is this the payback for Terrys "Joe Cole should be in the team" rant at the World Cup?

Back