england manager

plater

Inactive User
Reaction score
should he go he,s well paid but seemed out of his depth .He reminded me of sam aladice when he managed newcastle ,playing players out of position and tactically un aware .He needs to go what do you think .

may seem tactically un-aware but played a blinder by signing a new contract just before the world cup. going to cost the FA a fortune to shift him.

not sure he can take all the blame. years ago people would crawl on their hands and knees to play for their country, and if the boss said you have to play out of position you did it and did it to the best of your ability. because you knew others were depending on you.

some players now seem to lack this passion, pride and respect.

He has to take some, but only some of the blame.

The players seemed to be jaded, not bursting with pride and determination.

That's on their heads only.

I don't think I have seen an England side with such a lack of pace.

Last edited:
I don't think he should go as you don't suddenly become a bad manager overnight. worst thing is the Germans aren't even that good. The only problem I have with him is his persistence in picking Frank Lampard who is bloody awful for england. We need some pace across the middle not two slow cart horses like Lampard and Barry. Still I am supporting Ghana now.

who cares? it's always the managers who get the stick.

i'm glad the players have been shown up to be a bunch of over paid, over exposed, over rated chancers.

the best quote was from a supporter on the new last week "i saved for 4 years to come and watch them here play a few games. they get paid the same amount in 1 morning as i'd saved all that time."

england are currently shit at football. stop believing hype.

You get the impression that the English and French players just didn't want to be in SA, it was almost like it was intruding on their holiday time, stuck in a hotel for 3 weeks and the regime that goes with that, the thing is do these players think the world cup just isn't that big a deal for them, Champions League and the EPL is where the big bucks are, and in reality when and at what stage they exit the WC makes no difference to them, the league finished weeks ago and here they are still training and playing games, feck this I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

:Cheers:

its a known fact that gerrard AND lampard cannot and should not play together at one time ....
for me its one or the other ..Lampard was in Gerrards position , and i know who i would rather have in that position ... so yeah , lampard on bench for me too .
Put Joe cole where gerrards been playin on that left side .
To me thats a clear decision that capello shudda made !
And that is just one example of the fatal errors that capello made !
Its all his fault , you can tell the players dont even like him .

He has to take some, but only some of the blame.

Yep, taking un-fit players and leaving top scoring strikers at home for a start! I also get the immpression that theres a communication breakdown in the dressing room. I always though Capello's command of the English language was good until I seen him requiring an interpreter for the post match interview yesterday. I can't imagine him being assertive to try and get some drive into the players in the dressing room, I can see the players looking at each other and saying "What the **** is he saying?" :err: and then his point lost in translation.

Unfortunately for the English that's the way it's going to be for the foreseeable future, no Englishman in their right mind is going to take that job because they know the media will put an end to their career should things go tits up.

All this said the players have to take a good look at themselves! This German side is young and new and they weren't expected to gel until the Euro's 2 years from now, that will make them a force to be reckoned with come the finals and England pretty much the same unless Capello goes and England employ a manager that's not scared to drop supposedly world class players!

Italy & France will be installing new young teams as we speak, if England want any chance of success then they need to do likewise and that's not going to happen under Capello.

It doesn't really matter who the national coach is, the whole country is hell bent on criticising any decision that he makes. We could resurrect Sir Alf and it wouldn't make any difference at all, we'd still be losers.

Let's face it people, the English are losers at football and probably will be for some years to come. In Glen Hoddle we had one of the best managers in modern times, his success rate equalled that of the late Sir Alf and what did we go and do, we sacked him for his personal beliefs in the name of political correctness, not for footballing reasons.

Lets face it, we have become such a pussy of a nation that a few private comments made were enough to get the national coach sacked, in this climate we will never have success. The national coach must be left to get on with it and we must support him 100%.

We deserve to lose, we can only lose, we will lose, but at least we won't upset anyone along the way.

Its fifty fifty to blame but a can't see how Capello can survive, that was the worst England performance i have ever seen.
They looked clueless and out of ideas and the defence was shocking.
As many others have said they showed themselves up for what they are,,over priced fairys who are more worried about their sponsorship deals and hairstyles than pulling on the jersey for their country.
Rooney one of the best in the world,, what a feckin joke that one is,,Shrek would have played better.

Princess Fiona could have played better than Rooney.

just my 2 pennoth i dont like any premier league team in fact i call it the andrex league it is over priced and very soft
i live in the midlands and wish i could go and see real men play rugby super league but have to watch it on tv they play on with injuries that would put a premier league player in hospital and never play again

edogg

Its fifty fifty to blame but a can't see how Capello can survive, that was the worst England performance i have ever seen.

Do you not remember Graham Taylor and Kevin Keegan being in charge? How good where those two!!

I personaly believe for the Next World Cup there should be a campaign for the average person to be able to play for England. As a poster said before it look liked the Players were annoyed because there summer was interupted.

I say leave the over-priced, over-paid, Metro-sexual Fairies at home!

Then get real People who would play with Pride into the Team.
Even if then England lost there would be honour and passion for the game, Instead of a bunch of "Moaning Babys" Saying "Lets just go home!"

One Day the England Squad will shock Me and actualy play like they want to win. But then My whole life would be inputed in a machine that would be sent back in time to write this post saying England has Won.

Somehow I don't think so.

Deus

another thing the f.a. is full of old farts bad managment comes from the top .they are either not supporting there appointments properly or picking wrong people in the first place

Would england fans want to go back to an englishman as manager for the basic matter of not having to be lost in translation?

If somebody gave me that kind of money, I wouldn't say no, even if it was for the england job.

I don't think I could have done a better job though. Agent Capello worked. ;)

I don't think capello can be totally to blame for the performance on the pitch, the players are out of his control once the whistle blows until he can rip them at half time.
In my opinion certain players who have been playing for England for some years no longer see it as " An honor to play for your country " and from this years performance they weren't.
The future of the England Team relies on the balls of the first person to say sod the regulars who feel it is there prerogative to play for England and lets get a younger more committed team together even if in 2014 they only do there best and learn from the occasion to represent there country in the world of football, the next World cup then in 2018 and we could just have the team to win.

Back