Emigma modding

thebigman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello ive beem trying to modd a blank enigma image. So far I've got the image up and running with evo cam installed but i have to start the cam via telnet. Is there a way to install a menu to change cams or edit the start up to switch the cam i want on at start up
Ive attached the image here in case any one wants a look

ive updated the image to start evo cam and it is on ucode 001a
scanning works but it wont open the tmp folder to write i have to back up via the web interface for some reason

Last edited:
sussed out how to get evocam to start when enigma starts. Similar to editing the neutrino start file in njl's post. itwas the start enigma file in ect/init.d changed
#!/bin/sh

# $Id: start_enigma,v 1.8 2006/03/30 07:29:46 saruman Exp $

camd2
unset TZ
touch /tmp/.enigma
while [ -e /tmp/.enigma ]
do
/bin/enigma
case "$?" in
0)

to read

#!/bin/sh

# $Id: start_enigma,v 1.8 2006/03/30 07:29:46 saruman Exp $

var/bin/evocamd
unset TZ
touch /tmp/.enigma
while [ -e /tmp/.enigma ]
do
/bin/enigma
case "$?" in
0)
and it worked
now ijust need to find a way to change it fronm the image and switch ucodes

thebigman

off the top of my head
edit
/etc/init.d/start_enigma
replace
camd2
with
/var/bin/emu/evocamd
i'm assuming evocamd is in /var/bin/emu

for a menu use the neutrino shellexec it is good for enigma also (as are all the neutrino files used in the school :) )
to start the shellexec you need to press and hold the blue button just hitting it will bring up teletext ???

UPDATE
We typed together :) glad you sussed it out.

all the shellexec stuff will point to /var/bin/emu not /var/bin for the cams.

thanks ellie i'll have a read and see if i can figure it out.

thebigman

Been playing around with this for about a week now. i've compiled my own enigma image and incorprated the nvod diffs. its working and the infobar is up and running. The ucodes are selectable from the shell ex menu but when i try to switch or restart cams it just hangs. If i restart it switches cams could someone have a look at it and see if you can spot what im doin wrong?

thebigman

Been playing around with this for about a week now. i've compiled my own enigma image and incorprated the nvod diffs. its working and the infobar is up and running. The ucodes are selectable from the shell ex menu but when i try to switch or restart cams it just hangs. If i restart it switches cams could someone have a look at it and see if you can spot what im doin wrong?

thebigman

hi m8

im not into enigma but plenty is so could you release it in the downloads section and then do a thread for feedback and support for it in the main dbox section

well done and thanks for sharing im sure it will go down a treat with the others

cheers

Back