Mobile Phones Emergency only no sim

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My m8's Galaxy S6 (GM-920F) suddenly stopped seeing his sim and he's clueless so I said drop it off. I tried re-seating the sim and cleaning and another sim plus my own but it still comes up with Emergency only. He's had the phone about 12-15 month bought second hand so it got me thinking, has it been blocked by the last owner.
I looked at the phones IMEI and it doesn't look right its like 350000000000006.
I'm just wondering if to flash it back to stock

Try one of the IMEI checkers online to see whats what
the real IMEI will be on the box or somewhere on the phone under the cover i guess

ive done a bit of digging and it seems like it's corrupt as there's fixes for the 350000000000006 imei . Some saying re-flash, some say you need a gizmo

I doubt they'd wait 15 months to block it. :)
I wasn't sure but by all accounts that new imei spells corruption or a knackered phone. I'm gonna flash it back to stock see what happens

Well that didn't work , I flashed it with Odin using the latest and correct / same FW and the IMEI still remains corrupted ;- 350000000000006
I know the original IMEI and serial as its on the back so is there anyway I can "recover" or "repair" this phone using software ?. There's a few guides on youtube but most in Chinese. If anyone has a guide I can use without purchasing gizmo's that would be great.

Like I said I am not trying to change the IMEI I am trying to repair it as it's got corrupted somewhere down the line ....
I think

Maybe the phones IMEI has been changed then sold and now has become corrupted. The first thing I would do is check to see if the original IMEI number is blacklisted. If it is then it would more than likely have been altered.

FWIW I was given a legit one that was locked to 3ie. A local Asian shop unlocked it for me and, although it now accepts any SIM the IMEI has changed. It now shows as blacklisted - but it still works.
(The dodgy feckers also installed a very suspicious app which required a hard reset to remove - and it keeps forgetting wifi passwords, a known symptom of cheap unlocks).

I checked the original imei and its clean, by all accounts it's something to do with the nv_data and corruption. This in turn turns the imei to 350000000000006
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone know anything about Octoplus Samsung Software ?

Anyone know anything about Octoplus Samsung Software ?

(Coughs violently loud while pm box is wide open like a woman of the night)

were can I get FW without paying or waiting for a 5 hour download ? just after stock firmware to see if that recovers it. I tried the Hex Editor in the vid and that didn't work

Last edited:
Does anyone on DW do repairs on phones or know someone good with software issues ?. I'm willing to pay as I've done all I can, if you can please drop me a pm it's nothing untoward. The phone just needs it's original imei putting back in place and the no network resolving. As it stands it's flashed with a Factory Binary Android 5.0.2 but still no network and imei 3500000000006. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Well that didn't work , I flashed it with Odin using the latest and correct / same FW and the IMEI still remains corrupted ;- 350000000000006
I know the original IMEI and serial as its on the back so is there anyway I can "recover" or "repair" this phone using software ?. There's a few guides on youtube but most in Chinese. If anyone has a guide I can use without purchasing gizmo's that would be great.

Like I said I am not trying to change the IMEI I am trying to repair it as it's got corrupted somewhere down the line ....
I think

It's unusual that the IMEI gets corrupted by flashing standard FW, normally it happens when the phone gets rooted and flashed with custom FW. I recently had a S6 edge G925F that I was playing with as it had a FRP and Reactivation Lock on it and to my surprise I managed to successfully bypass both. I also managed to screw up the original IMEI which I thought was beyond repair but I also managed to restore it, I think the original is backed up on the phone. I will check what program I used and send you a PM fella..

Thanks, it's still sat here. I can recover the IMEI but the problem I think is,
No backup nvdata and other stuff. I just can't get the no network to stop

Thanks, it's still sat here. I can recover the IMEI but the problem I think is,
No backup nvdata and other stuff. I just can't get the no network to stop

I haven't forgot mate, I am waiting for a friend to post me an activator for the program I used and then I'll upload it to my Dropbox account and send you the details. should be no later than tomorrow. As far as I am aware it can perform a IMEI repair without nvdata backup.

Back