email bomber

devcon

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi anyones help would gladly be preciated my problem is i got an email saying i have visited illegal sites so like a fol i opened it n al of a sudden it tryed to change files since then it is filling my email space up like a linty everytime i delete them they just come back and i dont want to give my email address up as ive been using it for years.any suggestions or cures would be appreciated.my email account is with tiscali

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice little virus. Update your virus definitions and run a full system scan. I would also run a spyware scan too. If that still doesn't shift it, try and contact Tiscali customer support, they should be able to faind the problem.

Dev m8, you mean your mailbox is being bombed..? First of all, as Devil says make sure you clean your machine of viri & spyware. From what you've written I'd hazard your anti virus is not scanning your e-mail correctly, check the settings.
Next does Tiscali not have a built in spam filter?? You'll probably need to goto the Tiscali web site log in, have a look at my account, e-mail settings. Turning on the spam filter will help, at least you won't be downloading all the cr@p. Next, have a look at some of the mail, through the web-mail interface and see if it's coming from the same source, if it is report it to Tiscali, they should be able to trace it back & block that host..

Hope this helps..Have fun :)

thanx for advice troops got it working with the options menu in tiscali set up a filter cheers

Back