Electricity to rise by up to 50%

techie

Inactive User
Reaction score
On the radio ulster this morning in N.Ireland.
Because of fuel costs soaring now the electricity is to rise..
I've worked out that i now need to find an extra £50 a week just to pay for oil, electricity and petrol..
Than now leaves me in the red every month..
This current feking government really don't give a **** about the working classes..
Now they want us all on the street.

On the radio ulster this morning in N.Ireland.
Because of fuel costs soaring now the electricity is to rise..
I've worked out that i now need to find an extra £50 a week just to pay for oil, electricity and petrol..
Than now leaves me in the red every month..
This current feking government really don't give a **** about the working classes..
Now they want us all on the street.

Holy Thunderpants !!

But seriously.....50% ?

My bill is usually in and around £145 every 3 months, that means a rise to £212:50 ?

Somethings got to give, this shit can't continue !!

Also here in Holland they got some "great" taxes. Like a tax on packaging. Yes you've seen it. On packaging material!.

So when I buy some products here at the local supermarked I now have to pay on every product 1% extra!. The dutch VAT tax should have been raised from 19% to 20% but that didn't do it, so now the put it on packaging. Due to the supermarked price wars here in the Netherlands the packaging and contents of the products is already quite minimal.

Not to mention the gas price. The stuff that is in our ground! Is rising thru the roof. You know why? Because the some idiot found it a good idea to make sure the gas price is coupled with the oil price? What the hell? Why would you do it? Well your 50 pound is some of the same here.

Theres simply no good news from this government, at least by the looks of the local election. People are finally voicing their opinion, not sure any government can fix the problems caused by Labour and their chancellor of bumchequer.

Anyway, I better be off need a 3rd job with all these rises. I should be able to eat every 3rd day now.

Might think about about choosing a fixed tariff before they disappear. Don't stop ever increasing profits being made by the utility companies or the nice dividends handed out.

so people on low incomes who have to buy gas and electric as they need it and can afford it has to pay more pre unit ? if thats right this country's worse than l thought

the poor get poorer ...

Feck this, I am going to buy a caravan and live in it !! :banana:

Saying that if the interest rate keeps going the way it is I will have no choice !!! lol

thought it allready went up? up by 50 percent! thats crazy and redicilous

is this really that much of a surprise, a manufactured global recession, a government that spews money from the veins of its voters. a simpleton like brown running the country and once again what we really get is the same old labour government bull.

what have they done for us, taken away our right to have our children sing carols and celebrate xmas at school. voted themselves pay increases beyond what is reasonable and beyond what they would expect us to settle for. created a housing crisis that see's housing beyond the means of the average man. created a child tax credit system that allows foriegn nationals from europe to come here claim for children living in another eu country and export the money out of the country. created a working tax credit system in order to bring idiots incomes closer to those of the skilled man by virtue that they have loads of kids they cannot afford to keep on the own income.
allowed oil companies to ravage us at the pumps because they make gain from it to a larger degree. introduce laws to stop you protesting about it.
I'm 42 years old, i got my first job when labour were last in power. i was taxed to death of course that was before labour realise they could tax petrol to death to raise funding so they could say we had the lowest income tax in the eu. tories came to power and after a while the country was fixed again. Gas has steadily gone through the roof, oil has steadily gone through the roof DESPITE i might add our rather dubious involvement in the iraq conflict. Now we hear electricity is also to rise, we have no real control over the consumption by ourselves of these services, what are we supposed to do sit in the dark and set off for work at 1 am cos we have to walk cos petrol is so expensive.
the gopvernment is no better that that bunch of OPEC slimeballs keeping out put low in order to reap the highest reward for what oil they have left, meanwhile all our major domestic energy suppliers are owned by hug european monopolies selling energy to us for more than they sell to there own, Brown forces us into agreements with europe and say he miscalculated our first 1/4 contribution by 600,000,000 pounds. yeah thats right first 1/4 year - then they give our cash to the cash rich farmers in subsidies so they don't have to do fook all and give nothing to our farmers. now we are so shocked that the weekly shop is going through the roof. i think not - this country will pay back the labour party for there tretchery on general election day and then we will have 4 years where it seems like we may never come through it and suddenly things once again will start to look good. brown and co. can stuff there 10p tax rate where the sun don't shine and may they sometime soon find themselves part of the Actual working class.

lol seems i hijacked this rant lol for that i apologise but it really grinds my axe that this country is being raped and destroyed with the help of these labour idiots which i helped vote in much to my disgust.

tbc

The electricity bills over here were not due for review until the autumn but because of high gas/oil prices they have decided to increase mid May and again in the Autumn. According to the experts who probably guess...lol, the 1st increase will be around 15% and another 15% in Autumn. Thats sounds better than 50% but did they really leak out 50% so we all think we got a good deal with 30%.

The trouble over here is we only have the one supplier..NIE. We do not have the luxury of trying to get a better deal from a different supplier.

We also do not have any chance to vote Labour out. I have been in the trade union all my working life and yet I would never ever have voted what is/was called new labour, two face bassa's who forgot what the stood for originally.

is this really that much of a surprise, a manufactured global recession, a government that spews money from the veins of its voters. a simpleton like brown running the country and once again what we really get is the same old labour government bull.

what have they done for us, taken away our right to have our children sing carols and celebrate xmas at school. voted themselves pay increases beyond what is reasonable and beyond what they would expect us to settle for. created a housing crisis that see's housing beyond the means of the average man. created a child tax credit system that allows foriegn nationals from europe to come here claim for children living in another eu country and export the money out of the country. created a working tax credit system in order to bring idiots incomes closer to those of the skilled man by virtue that they have loads of kids they cannot afford to keep on the own income.
allowed oil companies to ravage us at the pumps because they make gain from it to a larger degree. introduce laws to stop you protesting about it.
I'm 42 years old, i got my first job when labour were last in power. i was taxed to death of course that was before labour realise they could tax petrol to death to raise funding so they could say we had the lowest income tax in the eu. tories came to power and after a while the country was fixed again. Gas has steadily gone through the roof, oil has steadily gone through the roof DESPITE i might add our rather dubious involvement in the iraq conflict. Now we hear electricity is also to rise, we have no real control over the consumption by ourselves of these services, what are we supposed to do sit in the dark and set off for work at 1 am cos we have to walk cos petrol is so expensive.
the gopvernment is no better that that bunch of OPEC slimeballs keeping out put low in order to reap the highest reward for what oil they have left, meanwhile all our major domestic energy suppliers are owned by hug european monopolies selling energy to us for more than they sell to there own, Brown forces us into agreements with europe and say he miscalculated our first 1/4 contribution by 600,000,000 pounds. yeah thats right first 1/4 year - then they give our cash to the cash rich farmers in subsidies so they don't have to do fook all and give nothing to our farmers. now we are so shocked that the weekly shop is going through the roof. i think not - this country will pay back the labour party for there tretchery on general election day and then we will have 4 years where it seems like we may never come through it and suddenly things once again will start to look good. brown and co. can stuff there 10p tax rate where the sun don't shine and may they sometime soon find themselves part of the Actual working class.

lol seems i hijacked this rant lol for that i apologise but it really grinds my axe that this country is being raped and destroyed with the help of these labour idiots which i helped vote in much to my disgust.

tbc

Could not agree with you more TBC mate, well said :Clap:

The electricity bills over here were not due for review until the autumn but because of high gas/oil prices they have decided to increase mid May and again in the Autumn. According to the experts who probably guess...lol, the 1st increase will be around 15% and another 15% in Autumn. Thats sounds better than 50% but did they really leak out 50% so we all think we got a good deal with 30%

But is it 30% ? or is the later 15% the sum of the original price plus the first 15% rise ?

ie. say the bill was a pound, then 15% increase would be £1:15, then the next 15% rise is 15% of £1:15 not a pound if you follow me.

Not a major jump but every pound is a prisoner !! lol

it's not ur fault m8 they lied and ur honest ;)

But is it 30% ? or is the later 15% the sum of the original price plus the first 15% rise ?

ie. say the bill was a pound, then 15% increase would be £1:15, then the next 15% rise is 15% of £1:15 not a pound if you follow me.

Not a major jump but every pound is a prisoner !! lol

Yes 15% then 15% on top of it so it is more than 30% but I wasnt being exact, just posting that it may have been leaked to be 50% so 30% sounds like a good deal....which it bloody well isn't.

creditcrunch demolish the 10p tax band then this the breadline is getting higher all the time

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I'm on an old token type meter, Costs me an absolute fortune, even though i am VERY careful with the amount of lekkie i use. End up putting on about £40 a week, between 4 lads that live in the same house!

I'm on an old token type meter, Costs me an absolute fortune, even though i am VERY careful with the amount of lekkie i use. End up putting on about £40 a week, between 4 lads that live in the same house!

How much?

£40 a week?

I have 5 kids and a partner mate, we are on a key meter and have 4 TV's running 24/7 and 2 lights running 24/7 (Landing and kitchen, this is in case my youngest daughter needs to get up during the night, I don't turn them off as a habit as these new energy bulbs are pants and blow far to often, lol!!) Oh and at least 1 PC running 24/7.

On top oif that we then have the rest running at peak times, and I am not going to go into what we have running as it will cost me that much in new fingers!

We use about £15/20 electric, the rest in Gas. Total maybe £35+ a week. No less for both but then again it does depend on the time of year.

I would love to see how they can hit you for £40 a week for electric alone.

Get onto them mate, sort it out, your being robbed and I am saying this as I really do use probably more electric than any other natural household in the UK!!! (An exaggeration but I really do use far too much leccy!!.)

Back