Electric projector screen. HELP!

thevman2k5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, i bought an electric projector screen 100" a month back al fine. However, on fridday night, i watched a film and got lazy and didnt pull the screen back up.

Next morning. got up and there was a black mark visible on the screen. :FRIGHT:

I immediatly cleaned it of. Looked like it was sorted but when i put the projector on, you can see a black mark on screen.

After observing the screen closely, it looks like i took to much of the white sand granite sorta of pieces so there was none where the black spot appeared. What can i do to sort this out. I cant seem to find where i can get this white sandy stuff from. Mind the english! Could someone please help me. Its really fustrating me. Thanks all

yea its about size of a 1p coin. Tippex, you reckon it would work. dont want to put it on and it wrecks the screen. its right int the middle of it

What make screen is it? Do you have a link for it?

Ah a High Power glass beaded screen... very nice.

I think it may be very difficult to repair if the glass beads are damaged. I would contact the screen manufacturer, I'm certain that this type of manufacturer will be able to help.

Also these screens are retro reflective, have you tried to move the PJ up and down in the viewing cone to see if it makes it any better or worse?

im going to get a new screen and return this, im thinking of getting the matt white one. is this better and advisable, room has quite abit of light coming in

High Power screens are the way to go IMO. If you want to splash the cash get yourself a silver screen, Vutec are exceptional for silver and Draper for High Power.

Spend a bit of money on this is one item that you wont be upgrading for a long time.

thanks, i think the Vut3ec is way out of my price range at £400. Thanks neway. can i get this cheaper anywhere else

thanks, i think the Vut3ec is way out of my price range at £400. Thanks neway. can i get this cheaper anywhere else

I haven't seen a single cheap supplier. Draper High Power is your next option which is cheaper. Failing that I'd go for a matt white screen (if you cant control ambient light)

Oh and check out Beamax screens they are cheaper than both of the above and still provide very nice screens.

Back