Ecig wizard - Xmas present for my mum

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I really wish my mum would not smoke at all but I know she has a crafty few fags a day, anyway was reading these sections and thought at least it would be good if it was a little safer, and from what I have read ecigs seem to be the healthy choice!

I read allot of threads from members recommending ECig Wizard and thought this ZMax ECig looked nice, but I do not know what else to buy with it?

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/zmax-mod/522-zmax-mod.html

Or should I just get her this stoptober deal and see if she can use it?

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/en/e...tarter-kits/525-stoptober-vision-ego-kit.html

Thanks for any advice.

Mick

One word "CHINA".

vv-350-variable-voltage-electronic-cigarette-cheapest-mod.jpg

A whole kit like above can be had for 26/27 quid delivered.

you'd be hard stretched to find a "normal" starter kit for that money.

One above is variable voltage not a bog standard battery job, only down side is the approx 2 to 3 week delivery times.

Well I really wish my mum would not smoke at all but I know she has a crafty few fags a day, anyway was reading these sections and thought at least it would be good if it was a little safer, and from what I have read ecigs seem to be the healthy choice!

I read allot of threads from members recommending ECig Wizard and thought this ZMax ECig looked nice, but I do not know what else to buy with it?

SMOKTECH ZMAX Mod - Variable Wattage & Variable Voltage

Or should I just get her this stoptober deal and see if she can use it?

Stoptober - Vision eGo Kit

Thanks for any advice.

Mick

To start off with I would get your mum a “cig a like type” Innokin AIO do a nice one. They are easy to maintain simply replace the cartomiser when the vapour stops. Initially she wouldn't need to fill these as she could just buy prefilled etc until she gets the hang of it.

Personally speaking I think the Zmax or VV devices maybe too big a jump straight off the bat.

I know I’m generalising here but most women I've dealt with prefer less faff

How old is your mum and iss she tech savvy? Some of the VV mods have fidddly menus to navigate through with small lcd read outs that may be hard for older folks to read and set. I would do like penners said and get a cigarette type one. My friend had a nicolites one on saturday night in the pub and it was brilliant tesco sell them. If not the stoptober deal is very good but again filling atomisers can be fiddly.

Thee beauty of the nicolites type cig is that the atomisers come prefilled and just screw on to a rechargable battery no fuss no mess.

My father inlaw is in his late 60's and he couldn't get on with mine when i showed him it and i have the same as in the stoptober deal.

Some of the VV mods have fidddly menus to navigate through

Im sorry sargie that just isnt true unless you have come across a vv that ive not seen, they have up and down buttons mainly to up the volts or vice versa down the volts, ive yet to see one with menu's let alone fiddly menu's

Everyone starts with the cig type ones, i did and most people i know did BUT most people inc me move on to bigger and better and ones that will outlast the cig type ones so its really a false economy.

I wouldnt advise anyone anymore to buy the starter kits (i used to because of the price of the vv mods) but since the price of the vv are super cheap from china now id always advise to go for a vv mod like the lavatube (see my sig) or one like it.

just my 2p's worth and ive been through loads of different ecigs/mods.

Im sorry sargie that just isnt true unless you have come across a vv that ive not seen, they have up and down buttons mainly to up the volts or vice versa down the volts, ive yet to see one with menu's let alone fiddly menu's.

Both the Provari and the Zmax have fiddly menu systems especially if you are not used to them

Zmax for instance is
1. Uu –
2. Ud –
3. So –
4. Uc –
5. Ds –
Do –
Du –
Dr –
6. Lo
7. UP

I would class this as fiddly especially to someone less tech savvy than I. Once you are au fait with the abbreviations then yes its simple but to a first timer its definitely not.

Both the Provari and the Zmax have fiddly menu systems especially if you are not used to them

Zmax for instance is
1. Uu –
2. Ud –
3. So –
4. Uc –
5. Ds –
Do –
Du –
Dr –
6. Lo
7. UP

I would class this as fiddly especially to someone less tech savvy than I. Once you are au fait with the abbreviations then yes its simple but to a first timer its definitely not.

Thats 2 out of how many vv available?

And i doubt most first time vapers are going provari due to the ridiculous cost of them so that narrows the odds down even further.

"most" vv have up and down buttons and thats it and the ones you mentioned will come with instructions but that a mute point as vaper virgins wont buy provari.

still stand by my comment that people should avoid the normal type and go straight to a vv, prices of them are not an issue anymore because of mass production in china.

those with the normal ones (which i did buy when i started out) will comment they are fine, they are BUT you will want bigger and better down the line so why not just buy the vv to start with (esp as a gift as they also look nicer).

Thats 2 out of how many vv available?

And i doubt most first time vapers are going provari due to the ridiculous cost of them so that narrows the odds down even further.

"most" vv have up and down buttons and thats it and the ones you mentioned will come with instructions but that a mute point as vaper virgins wont buy provari.

still stand by my comment that people should avoid the normal type and go straight to a vv, prices of them are not an issue anymore because of mass production in china.

those with the normal ones (which i did buy when i started out) will comment they are fine, they are BUT you will want bigger and better down the line so why not just buy the vv to start with (esp as a gift as they also look nicer).

I don’t disagree mate but that’s not what the OP posted. He mentioned he was thinking about purchasing a Zmax for his Mum which to a first timer can be a little mind boggling especially if said Mum is not tech savvy.

It’s all simple to us now but to a first timer especially someone who is trying to give up smoking ideally they can do without the fuss for the first couple of weeks until all knowledge falls into place.

Darwin is another one. The fact i took into account was that mick was asking for his mother now i may be way off the mark here as i have no idea how old she is but im guessing an older generation than you thommo. Most older generations find the simplest of tech a pain. There is also the price point if they do not want to wait for an order from china plus xmas period so postage will get even slower not much use it turning up after xmas if it's for an xmas present.

Ive been vaping for a while now and im still more than happy with my ego 510 ce4+ setup at this point i see no point in spending extra cash. The only thing i have invested in is a kit to mix my own juice the way i like it.

I hear all the above but i would point out my first reply showed a picture of what he could get for his mum with no issues whatsoever as its a vv but is simple and does up and down in volts...Its nicer looking than the standard type and can be had in about 5 or 6 colours and with chargers batteries etc.. all for 26/27 delivered from china...or he could go for the lavatube which i have 2 of...again easy to use and better than the standard type ecig.

I would also point out so not to confuse anyone that "most" vv are like this, there are exceptions as pointed out but nearly all vv are the simple up/down buttons.

oh and sargie you haven't been vaping that long as it was you who pm'd me for advice on which one to buy and that wasnt that long ago and tbf ive not been vaping that long 4 or 5 months maybe but thats not really a long time/a while... well not what i consider a while in my eyes :)

I also believe (maybe im incorrect) but you are basing your opinion only having used the standard type ecig and not any other type.

Im not having ago as i know written text can come across as that sometimes but i feel for the benefit of others everyones opinion should be taken and sometimes questioned inc mine so there is a fair comparison, people reading can then make there choice based on this rather than just taking one persons "word".

No your right ive not been vaping long but long enough to have done my research both before and after parting with cash and moving into the hobby. I don't doubt that vv mods are better but my point is that mick stated in his op and i qoute "Or should I just get her this stoptober deal and see if she can use it?". It was based on that statement that i gave my advice.

Also as an ex smoker i wanted something to replace the fags and an ego 510 ce4 bundle goes way beyond what i wanted so i whole heartedly recommend them. Ive not used the more expensive mods and that's why because they are more expensive infact i would never ever pay £99 for a zmax i don't care how good they are. ;)

In my research i found that a major factor in both vapor production and throat hit is the juice you use it's not all about mods.

Im not an expert and don't claim to be but this is a forum mick asked for opinions and i gave mine, just because it isnt the same as yours doesn't make it right or wrong. No offence.

i would never ever pay £99 for a zmax i don't care how good they are.

Nor would i, theres so many out there that are on a par vape wise that are much cheaper.

In my research i found that a major factor in both vapor production and throat hit is the juice you use it's not all about mods.

Ummm i dunno there, i find that if a juice doesnt create much i can up or down the voltage to find the right hit (an advantage of vv).

Im not an expert and don't claim to be but this is a forum mick asked for opinions and i gave mine, just because it isnt the same as yours doesn't make it right or wrong.

Which is just about what i said, i never said your views are wrong but i too gave an opinion and its for him to read then see whats best for him to buy.

No offence.

​Non taken.

Im sure vv mods can up the vapor but ive just made some banana ejuice as per my other thread and confirmed to myself that adding another 10% AG produces loads more vapor.

Wow thanks for the information :)

Sorry I did not want to cause any friction between you crazy ECIG guru's :)

Back On Topic :)
To be honest my mum is 68, and I wish she was not smoking at all but as said in my first topic it must be a more healthy way to smoke than to breath in the burnt stuff, than warming up nicotine?

I am not a scientist but really grateful for any advice you all can give.

I think my mum might struggle with menu's and stuff, I guess it would be a good idea to just turn it on and smoke lol.

Thanks again all.
Mick

Wow thanks for the information :)

Sorry I did not want to cause any friction between you crazy ECIG guru's :)

Back On Topic :)
To be honest my mum is 68, and I wish she was not smoking at all but as said in my first topic it must be a more healthy way to smoke than to breath in the burnt stuff, than warming up nicotine?

I am not a scientist but really grateful for any advice you all can give.

I think my mum might struggle with menu's and stuff, I guess it would be a good idea to just turn it on and smoke lol.

Thanks again all.
Mick

Read all the above replies. I've been using the stoptober deal mentioned & recommended to me in another thread & as a 20 a day smoker, still love it as my first proper e-cig.
Buying it for my brother as his x-mas pressie.
It's a simple kit, does leak, but should save your Mum a good few £ in the first week alone.
A good introduction to e-cigs for a long term smoker.

Read all the above replies.

I did and was a little confused with all the different types of these things!

Ill buy the stoptober deal from ecig wizard, if she likes it I can post again later for an upgrade for her.

It's not about the money, it's about making it a little healthier for her.

Mick

I did and was a little confused with all the different types of these things!

Ill buy the stoptober deal from ecig wizard, if she likes it I can post again later for an upgrade for her.

It's not about the money, it's about making it a little healthier for her.

Mick

When you get it, advise her to leave the smoking end stand up so it doesn't leak.
I haven't bought a pack of fags in almost 2 weeks with this kit, just hate it when I let it lie down & you get the juice flavour on the lips.
Still buying it for my brother though while I try other options.

When you get it, advise her to leave the smoking end stand up so it doesn't leak.
I haven't bought a pack of fags in almost 2 weeks with this kit, just hate it when I let it lie down & you get the juice flavour on the lips.
is this not just condensation, try removing the mouth peace every now and then and clean it out with a bit of tissue paper.

This is the problem with manufacturing in china. You can buy the same product that looks exactly the same however the difference is miles apart.

Some people will say a CE4 is great and some will say they are crap. It all depends who the original manufacturer in China is.

When I have some spare time I'll post pics of our testing and you can see the difference is miles apart even down to the EGO style batteries.

Also double check on your CE4 that the rubber seal is in place on the bottom of the removable tip.

Back