echo dot

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
got one of those for christmas, got basics like phone call etc

Ifttt - this has some of the best stuff.

Google calendar integration is the best for me.

We have heatmiser and control our heating with Alexa :)

What would you like to do with it?

Mick

Reactions: gez
I tell her to play my music put on and off my lights and turn the heating up. If i could get her to cook i would bin the wife lol

Who would wash and iron your clothes? :)

Im thinking of getting the echo for the mrs birthday...she likes her music, do you need a spotify account or similar to play music through the echo or can you add a sd card with music on?

Who would wash and iron your clothes? :)

Im thinking of getting the echo for the mrs birthday...she likes her music, do you need a spotify account or similar to play music through the echo or can you add a sd card with music on?
It works with Spotify and amazon music does not have an sd card slot though

Ifttt - this has some of the best stuff.

Google calendar integration is the best for me.

We have heatmiser and control our heating with Alexa :)

What would you like to do with it?

Mick
Not sure Mick, just seeing what tricks an stuff it can do, Def wouldn't change to smart house stuff, I'm not techie enough😁

Music wise, Amazon music, Spotify, tunein all works I just bought a Spotify family plan.

Alexa can control philips hue, wemo, blink, a whole range of smart plugs and bulbs just go on amazon and searh "Alexa compatible"

Loads of smart thermostats available but I'm still stuck with my old salus rf stat as I don't have a C-Wire.

If you put in your work destination using the app you can what the traffic is like to work.

There's no real hacks just skills you can add. We just have an echo in the kitchen and use for music more than anything else.

Enjoy

Just use the amazon music streaming service £3.99 month with access to over forty million songs and the radio services. Have added a Bose bluetooth speaker as the speaker on the dot is pretty poor.

Call me paranoid, but don't you find it a bit creepy having these things in your home? I mean, they're constantly listening and can 'hear' every sound, every word & that info can be (is?) sent to Amazon, Google etc. etc., and we all know what they do with that!

Call me paranoid, but don't you find it a bit creepy having these things in your home? I mean, they're constantly listening and can 'hear' every sound, every word & that info can be (is?) sent to Amazon, Google etc. etc., and we all know what they do with that!

Your paranoid..... its only activates on the wake word.

I will concede that the 'drop in' feature needs a bit more security I.e a sound plays before anyone can drop in!

it does bro,i had one did some tests asked some things some I got reply other no reply,wire tap you have one with this,i don't trust anything what keeps an eye on you,my one got smahed and burnt ,all I can say is 1984 big brother is watching.

Your paranoid..... its only activates on the wake word.

I will concede that the 'dropthe in' feature needs a bit more security I.e a sound plays before anyone can drop in!
its not the wake up word is any sound,you can go to logs it shows all in less your saying something they need and you get blank ,your smart phone and windows 10 all the same.dont take my word
test your self ask it about the cia,fbi,ci5 ect you will get nothing no reply it will blink out.
ask about jesus this is funny then ask about mohammed,again I will not say what was said but they do hold the infor in the uk for 2 year and in the usa for 10 year.

How do you connect to pc, it says I have the Alexa app but for other devices

its not the wake up word is any sound,you can go to logs it shows all in less your saying something they need and you get blank ,your smart phone and windows 10 all the same.dont take my word
test your self ask it about the cia,fbi,ci5 ect you will get nothing no reply it will blink out.
ask about jesus this is funny then ask about mohammed,again I will not say what was said but they do hold the infor in the uk for 2 year and in the usa for 10 year.

it does bro,i had one did some tests asked some things some I got reply other no reply,wire tap you have one with this,i don't trust anything what keeps an eye on you,my one got smahed and burnt ,all I can say is 1984 big brother is watching.

Definitely paranoid! o_O

Essentially, all voice-controlled assistants — Apple's Siri, Microsoft's Cortana, Google's AI assistant, etc. — work the same way: The device activates once it detects the "wake word." For the Amazon Echo, the wake word is the assistant's name, Alexa. But in order to detect its name, the Echo has to be listening in at all times on some level.

Back